ROAL Oy is a joint venture of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and Altia Corporation and it is a leading company in the enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. Our factory in Finland is located in Rajamäki, Nurmijärvi. We currently employ approximately 160 enzyme professionals in different fields. More information about us: www.roal.fi
We are now looking for a highly motivated
If your application is successful, you will be joining us at an exciting time. Due to our fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that we can sustain this growth. The purpose of your job is to strengthen microbial technology capabilities in R & D, and also generally within the company and particularly through close cooperation with manufacturing. You will be responsible for the company’s microbial strain maintenance, including microbe collections and safety and patent deposits, as well as any handling, detection, processes and documentation related to the company’s proprietary strains. Your work includes planning, executing, analyzing and reporting to the line manager, other scientists and other stakeholders in the company.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide microbial capabilities for R & D and for the company, e.g., to participate in developing and optimizing industrial processes (cultivation, recovery and formulation);
- identify production strains;
- detect and characterize contaminants;
- maintain microbe collections and safety and patent deposits;
- maintain, develop and describe R & D methods and protocols;
- maintain, develop and describe the company’s microbial processes;
- facilitate ideation and manage projects;
- cooperate with other functions within R & D and the entire organization;
- communicate effectively with line managers and colleagues; and
- follow and adopt relevant trends in current technology.
Your required qualifications and key skills:
- master’s or higher degree in microbiology (i.e., general microbiology, industrial microbiology, microbial physiology or food microbiology) or in an adjacent science (e.g., biochemistry or molecular biology) with at least a minor in microbiology;
- several years’ work experience in a related job;
- experience in microbial handling (cultivation, enrichment, isolation and identification), deposition, documentation and process set-up;
- experience in fungal and bacterial production platforms;
- familiarity with enzyme/strain registration (optional);
- familiarity with enzyme technology (optional);
- fluent written and spoken English;
- strong communication skills;
- self-motivation as well as a hands-on and strong-finisher attitude;
- results orientation and innovative thinking;
- proven experience in project management and/or project work;
- proactive problem solving;
- good interaction and the ability to lead and/or work in a team; and
- the willingness to expand your scientific knowledge.
We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself personally and professionally. You will find a progressive team-oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. Do we have your attention?
For more information, please contact POMONA Consulting consultant Juha-Pekka Airo by email email@example.com or on Tue Oct 17 at 12-15 or Mon Oct 23 at 13-15 tel. +358 (0)400 226 432. Please fill out the application form and attach your CV with expected salary at www.roal.fi/henkilosto/rekrytointi by 25th October, 2017.
Kauan ei enää tarvitse odottaa Solubiologi-lehden marraskuista juhlanumeroa. Stay tuned!