Laboratory technician – Onego Bio25.2.2022
Laboratory Technician, Research and Development
Are you interested in producing new sustainable food ingredients? Would you like do impactful research and development work to produce animal free egg white proteins with cutting edge technology with superb colleagues who are top experts in their field? Onego Bio might be just the place for you.
Onego Bio Ltd is a Finnish biotechnology company developing animal-free products such as egg white proteins. The company, founded in 2022, is a VTT spin-off that salutes the remarkable work done by VTT Biotechnology to create next level cell agriculture products and applications. Onego Bio has raised 10 million Euros in seed funding to commercialize a breakthrough technology to produce egg white without chickens. The Onego Bio Ltd shareholders include venture capital investors such as Agronomics and Maki VC. Get to know us better by exploring our webpage www.onego.bio
We are now looking for an experienced laboratory technician to join our R&D team.
In this position, you will play an essential role in taking part in lab research projects with a project team and contribute towards our greater goal of providing animal free egg protein ingredients to the world. Ultimately, we aim to be part of building a sustainable food system with the help of our partners throughout the world.
Read more about our past work on the topic:
Your responsibilities as Laboratory Technician:
- Laboratory project work with eukaryotic microbes
- Perform laboratory experiments supervised by scientists
- Summarize experimental data and prepare reports for the scientists
- Documenting experimental data in lab notebook
Who we are looking for:
- Laboratory technician or comparable technical degree
- Work experience in molecular biology and excellent laboratory skills
- Experience working with yeast or filamentous fungi would be beneficial
- Good scientific reporting skills
- Good written and spoken English skills
As a person, we hope that you:
- Skillfully and precisely perform experiments
- Can work independently and plan your own workdays
- Work well with other team members and contribute to a good working environment
- Can tolerate pressure and maintain a good work-life balance
With Onego Bio, you’ll enjoy: / What we offer you:
· Molecular biology with an impact. Onego Bio works on creating cutting-edge microbial protein production systems. Microbial production technology to produce chicken ovalbumin could mitigate the environmental impacts of chicken-egg-derived ovalbumin according to recent study published in Nature Food (https://www.nature.com/articles/s43016-021-00418-2)
· Superb colleagues. With Onego Bio, you’ll join a small, focused group of top experts who foster a culture of trust, openness and sharing ideas.
· Competitive salary. We want to attract the best people, so we will provide competitive salaries.
· Nordic work–life balance. Working in Finland, the happiest country in the world, enables a great quality of life. At Onego Bio, we make our people’s well-being a priority. We offer 6 weeks paid vacation a year, and our benefits include extended occupational healthcare, and exercise and culture benefits.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application letter as soon as possible but at the latest by 18 March 2022. We will process applications as they come in and fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact Chris Landowski, Chief Technology Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply between 24 Feb 2022 and 18 March 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Espoo, Finland