Postdoc‐fellowship: Trafficking of cell adhesion receptors11.1.2015
Within the research project
Trafficking of cell adhesion receptors
in the Institute for Med. Microbiology, Virology and Hygiene
at the University Medical Center Hamburg‐Eppendorf (UKE), Germany
for Biologists, Biochemists or related PhDs
from 1st of march 2015 or later (initially for 1.5 years)
Our recently established lab (Veltel-lab) focusses on the intracellular trafficking of cell adhesion
proteins. We are particularly interested in the molecular mechanisms of the transport of integrin
transmembrane receptors from the plasma membrane to endosomes and how this affects cancer or
infectious diseases. For our investigations we employ a multidisciplinary approach combining cell
biology, protein biochemistry and structural biology.
In this research project we aim to gain mechanistic insights how integrin trafficking is organised. We
have started to identify potential trafficking regulators. Using endocytosis assays, confocal microscopy,
live cell imaging and biochemical interaction analysis, the successful candidate will elucidate the
function of the hit regulators during integrin trafficking.
• exceptional PhD thesis in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine or related fields
• experience in molecular biology, cell biology and protein biochemistry, in particular the following
techniques are highly desirable: fluorescence microscopy, live cell imaging and
• experience to work in an international competitive research laboratory
• independent, enthusiastic and reliable working attitude
• high degree of organisational skills, strong initiative und teamwork ability
• sound knowledge of MS Office-package and other data analysis and representation software,
experience with ImageJ or other image analysis software beneficial
• knowledge of German language not essential
• modern laboratories
• professional Microscopy Facility (www.umif.de) equipped with various state-of-the-art microscopes
(confocal laser-scanning microscopes, spinning-disc systems for live cell imaging, TIRF, multiphoton
• extensive scientific and methodological support and discussions
• Postdoctoral fellowship for initial 1.5 years. The amount of the fellowship is according to DFG
regulations and depends on the age of the applicant.
Please send your application in English or German including CV, publication list and two reference
contacts in one pdf-file preferably via email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 30.1.2015.
You can alternatively send the application via postal mail to
UKE- Institut für Med. Mikrobiologie, Virologie und Hygiene
Dr. Stefan Veltel
For further information, please contact us via email.