R&D Scientist Molecular Food Safety – Thermo Fisher Scientific, Vantaa27.3.2018
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
R&D Scientist Molecular Food Safety
Vantaa, FinlandThermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a R&D Scientist to our Microbiology Division (MBD) R&D team. The position is for a fixed term maternity leave cover starting in May 2018 and ending in August 2020.R&D Scientist will be part of the molecular food safety team responsible for designing and developing new molecular diagnostic products to complement the current microbiology product range.We are looking for a proactive, self-driven, result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating tasks in innovative and international working environment.
- Early-stage research on real-time PCR reagents to be used in microbiology diagnostics.
- Executing projects in agreement with product specification and to ensure timely delivery of the projects.
- Planning and conducting experiments, reporting the results, maintaining formal reports and accurate laboratory records according to internal guidelines.
- Fulfilling the responsibilities of the position as defined in the Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and associated Codes of Practice.
- Communicating observations, presenting data and giving project updates to the food safety R&D team in timely manner.
- Performing other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned.
- Master degree (M. Sc.) with several years of research experience in molecular biology and microbiology.
- Previous experience and in depth knowledge of microbiological techniques, sample preparation, real-time PCR, enzyme technology and Next Generation Sequencing is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of scientific instrumentation and various software applications related to molecular biology. Experience on instrumentation or software development is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with R&D product development work and/or scientific work.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based applications, internet technology, and statistical analysis software.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent planning and execution skills to handle and efficiently manage workload in multiple projects and meet timelines.
- Good spoken and written English and Finnish.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 64527BRPlease apply by the 1st of April.At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.