Scientist / Senior Scientist24.1.2022
We are currently looking to recruit a competent Senior Scientist / Scientist to strengthen our Vector Platform, Downstream team! We are searching for a skilled process developer for biological products.
Vector Platform Team is responsible for gene therapy virus vector productions and process development (Adeno, Lenti, AAV).
Your responsibilities will include…
- Laboratory experiments related to virus production and downstream process development (develop, optimize and scale-up/scale-out virus purification processes)
- Designing of the experiments, data analysis and interpretation of the results
- Generating and maintaining of Research and Development documentation
- Providing scientific and technological expertise and supervise KCT downstream personnel in lab
You could be the person if…
- You are individual with a strong scientific and technological expertise
- You produce clear, accurate and easily understandable documentation in English
- You have good laboratory hands-on experience and you are able to share your expertise with others and open to learn new techniques
- You have systematic, analytical and critical thinking skills required for biological data interpretation and capability to make decisions based on the data
- You are striving to understand science and have good attention to details
- You are able to innovate new ideas, approaches and views. You also enjoy developing yourself
- Your work style is independent but also you’ll be able to work in team (also as in a supervisor role)
In order to succeed, you should have a degree in the fields of biosciences or biotechnology and some previous working experience with viral vectors/proteins and processes/purification. PhD or MSc with several year work experience with e.g. Virology, Bioscience, Biotechnology is considered as an advantage. The nature of the development work requires ability to cope with changing situations and a mind-set willing to face and overcome challenges by can-do attitude. It is an advantage if you already have some experience in aseptic or GMP-work and/or you have knowledge on quality systems.
The official language at KCT is English, and good oral and writing skills are required to succeed in everyday work. Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft office tools are required. The vacancy is permanent. We hope that you are able to join our team as agreed in February or March.
We offer modern facilities, inspiring atmosphere and a skilful motivated team. Our goal is to develop new gene and cell therapy products and processes for the future. We have extensive occupational health-care and working with us, you are entitled to good employment benefits, such as extensive occupational health-care and we support your physical and cultural free-time activities. We provide you wide initial training and a warm welcome. KCT is located in vibrant Kuopio, which offers a safe living environment, friendly atmosphere and clean nature.
Visit www.kct.fi or find us from LinkedIn. Please send your CV and application via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 14th February 2022. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate. For further information, please contact Vector Platform Manager Eevi Lipponen, eevi.lipponen(at)kct.fi.