Blueprint Genetics is a leading clinical genetic testing company aspiring to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We are growing rapidly and strengthening the core of our diagnostics where we utilise Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies, which produce large quantities of data, requiring highly efficient computing infrastructure and data analysis pipelines. To support our rapid growth and constant strive for state-of-the-art analytic solutions, we are looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to join our Bioinformatics R&D team in Espoo, Finland.
In this position you will be part of the Bioinformatics R&D team, and will also work closely with our Clinical Bioinformatics, Software Development, Data Science and IT Operations teams. You work as part of a team of domain experts combining independent tasks and teamwork. You are fully comfortable with modern software development process and share the common practices and responsibilities with the rest of the team.
Your main tasks will include:
- Combining your NGS data-analysis and programming skills to further develop and maintain our state-of-the-art analysis pipelines and tools, leveraging the power of workflow management frameworks in the cloud
- Facilitating the adoption of cutting-edge bioinformatics methods and data sources into NGS analyses in a clinical diagnostics setting
- The evaluation and development of NGS methods
- Participating in our scientific projects and helping to ensure that our clinical bioinformatics production efficiently utilises state-of-the-art methods and technologies
What we expect from you
We are hoping to find an open and collaborative team member who is eager to learn from others and comfortable acting as an opinion leader in their areas of strength. You possess both a strong practical skillset for NGS data analysis and a broad theoretical background either from academia or industry. You strive for high quality and appreciate the amount of care working with clinical data requires. We hope you are looking for meaningful work and share our passion for making an impact in people’s lives. We aspire to find a colleague who fits our easy-going team of skilled and knowledgeable professionals. Our ideal candidate has:
- An MSc degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Science or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience in bioinformatics research, developing data-analysis pipelines and/or software solutions in the field of NGS/Bioinformatics
- Deep understanding of bioinformatics as a field and its different applications
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Strong teamwork skills and the motivation to learn from others
What differentiates you
- A PhD degree in bioinformatics, computer science, human genetics or related field
- Academic background with track-record of published scientific papers, methods, databases and tools within the field of bioinformatics and genetics
- Knowledge of bioinformatic workflow languages
- Thorough experience working with Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) and Whole Exome Sequencing (WES)
- Experience with statistical analysis, data engineering and machine learning
- Cloud computing experience
- Background in clinical diagnostics
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you’ll be a valued part of our global team of creative and solution-oriented people. You will get to work at the forefront of health and life sciences. We offer you rewarding work in a rapidly evolving environment, where you can learn and grow together with the company. Through your work you will help us in our mission to provide world-class, scalable solutions that will take genetic testing from niche to mainstream healthcare – to the benefit of patients worldwide.
How to apply
Does this sound like your next career move? All you need to do is submit your CV or share your LinkedIn profile with us through our online form at the latest on June 20. The first round of discussions will be carried out virtually. We hope to hear from you soon!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can contact our Bioinformatics R&D Manager Ville Kytölä, firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
We are a specialty genetics and bioinformatics company focused on providing genetic testing for inherited diseases. We are based in Keilaniemi (Espoo), Finland, and Seattle, WA, with a customer base spanning over 70 countries. www.blueprintgenetics.com
Blueprint Genetics is a Quest Diagnostics company. Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services. www.questdiagnostics.com