About the job
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Manager, Clinical Product Development to join our Biomedicals team in Helsinki, Finland.
Greetings from your future team leader
“We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, open minded individual with a “can-do” attitude. You will be responsible for the wound care products, but also support the developments in regenerative medicine. Since this is a new area for UPM, you will be part of the exciting development phase!” – Johana Kuncová-Kallio, Director, UPM Biomedicals
What You’ll Do
- You will play a key role in the development of the regulatory route for our existing and upcoming products
- You act as a product manager for FibDex® advanced wound dressing, and will be responsible for product documentation maintenance and post market surveillance
- Together with the team, you will be responsible for product development including but not limited to new indications of FibDex® advanced wound dressing and other products for wound healing
- You will also support new product development for regenerative medicine and pharmaceutical products
- You will be responsible for regulatory documentation and related quality management processes and reporting
Who You Are
- You have a university science degree, understanding of wound healing or regenerative medicine mechanisms and a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, ideally in industry
- A background in biomaterials is seen beneficial
- You have a deep understanding and working knowledge of ISO 13485, QC, GMP, MDR practices, document management and associated country registration requirements
- You have previous experience of medical device product development for the clinical market (strong preference on experience with regulating materials and devices over software) and experience in management of clinical trials
- Experience from internal auditing, especially medical devices audits, is also an advantage
- You have proven business acumen and working knowledge of the industry and supplier base
- You have excellent communication and problem-solving skills and are able to work independently
- You are a positively thinking, solution oriented, multitasking and proactive team player
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
This Is What We Offer For You
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Saving patients’ lives, developing a new area of UPM, working in a company with high values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: In the Biomedicals team, you will be working with great people. UPM is a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: We work together on advancing your career. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The main location for this position is Biomedicum 2U, Tukholmankatu 8, Helsinki. Other locations, where you will work time-to-time, include the headquarters of UPM at Alvar Aallon katu 1, Helsinki and the North European Research Center in Lappeenranta.
For further information about the position, please contact your future manager Kaija Ojala, Business Development Manager, Clinical tel. +358400883440, on Tuesday 29.6.2021 at 9-12 (EET), or Wednesday 30.6.2021 at 11-14 (EET) or your future colleague Kari Luukko, Director, Quality Assurance, tel. +358400259866, on Tuesday 22.6.2021 at 12-15 (EET) or Wednesday 23.6. at 13-16 (EET).
Please send your application via the link by 15.7.2021. We will start going through the applications already during the application period, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For support with submitting your application, please contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358204146600. If you are a UPM employee you can reach us through the UPM Service Portal: [LINK].
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
UPM Biomedicals is the forerunner in producing high quality nanofibrillar cellulose for medical and life science applications. More than 300 patents protect the existing and future products that rely on the Finnish birch pulp. We actively collaborate with universities, research centres and key industrial partners on innovations and products in the field of high throughput drug screening, personalized medicine, advanced cell therapies, 3D bioprinting, tissue engineering and wound care. www.upmbiomedicals.com
We deliver renewable and responsible solutions and innovate for a future beyond fossils across six business areas: UPM Biorefining, UPM Energy, UPM Raflatac, UPM Specialty Papers, UPM Communication Papers and UPM Plywood. As the industry leader in responsibility we are committed to the UN Business Ambition for 1.5°C and the science-based targets to mitigate climate change. We employ 18,000 people worldwide and our annual sales are approximately EUR 8.6 billion. Our shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. UPM Biofore – Beyond fossils. www.upm.com
Follow UPM on Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | #UPM #biofore #beyondfossils
- Packaging & Containers
- Paper & Forest Products
- Health Care Provider