PerkinElmer’s commitment to scientific innovation is at the heart of everything we do. In PerkinElmer meaningful work arises to a whole new level. We help customers make smarter decisions, earlier diagnoses, more effective treatments and scientific breakthroughs. Join us and drive the next generation of technology and science.
We are looking a fearless science enthusiast to build future solutions. Someone who provides scientific expertise on the identification, assessment and early development of new technologies and applications in areas of future growth for PerkinElmer’s business segments, with a focus on molecular biology, biomarker research, and detection technologies. Drives internal and external research collaborations, working closely with segment R&D teams. Promotes internal innovation by connecting experts across PerkinElmer and fosters connections to external experts and collaborators.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Conduct research activities to create and evaluate proof of concepts.
- Plan independently and/or as part of a team laboratory experiments.
- Participate to innovation activities.
- Develop internal research methodology.
- Work with field application specialists to identify unmet customer needs and explore potential solutions.
- Manage internal exploratory research projects, in alignment with segment R&D´s.
- Execute external research collaborations with academic, startup and industry partners.
- Monitor academic publications and commercial innovations for novel technologies in the life science space which could become relevant to PerkinElmer.
- Encourage and support innovation contributions from all PerkinElmer employees by contributing content to the Innovation Portal, assessing internal innovation proposals, and coaching in-house innovators.
- You have master’s degree in biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or similar.
- You are a true science enthusiast and a fast learner.
- Writing should be natural for you as you will write abstracts and participate to writing scientific publications, patent applications and literature reviews.
- Working language English.
- Comprehensive lab/technology experience.
- Knowledge of molecular biology, biomarker research and detection technologies.
- Experience on managing collaboration projects.
- > 2 years experience.
What We Offer
- Front seat on new science and technology in a global environment.
- Possibility to learn and experience various life science laboratory methods and techniques.
- Room to grow and develop your expertise in fascinating fields.
Please apply as soon as possible, by latest March 13th. Please note, that we will start interviews as soon as we find suitable candidates. For further information, please contact Mikko Sairanen (firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 2 2678 360, preferably on March 4th from 9.30 to11.30 or March 9th from 14 to 16)
Join us today – For the better!
PerkinElmer is a drug free employer and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.