Do you want to join us to develop new biotechnology and microbial systems for protein production?
We are looking for ambitious and customer-oriented Research Scientist and Senior Scientist (two positions) with a background inprotein production systems and fungal biology.
As a researcher at our Protein Production Team, you will have a key role and an opportunity to work on topics of great importance to society such as production of sustainable, animal free food proteins, production of vaccines to reduce antibiotics use in animals, enzyme mixtures for biofuel production, and therapeutic proteins for human medicine. You have the opportunity to work together with different customers ranging from big companies to start-ups and to support them in solving challenges with the help of science and technology.
Read more about our work in the following articles:
With us you will be responsible for
- Scientific project work in the fields of protein production systems and fungal biology
- Writing scientific reports and presenting research data
- Working with customers to help them solve challenges
We expect you to have
- Completed MSc or PhD in relevant field
- Excellent laboratory skills and experience in molecular biology techniques
- Experience working with yeast or filamentous fungi
- Strong spoken and written English skills
As you person you are
- Motivated and willing to take initiative in getting projects accomplished
- You have strong communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Curious towards various scientific and technological challenges
- Willing to travel to customer and scientific meetings
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our personnel are at the core of VTT, where wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. The tasks are versatile, independent and challenging, with support and coaching where needed.
We offer this excellent opportunity to work with an experienced research team to better understand and develop fungal protein production hosts used for production of proteins and enzymes used in food, feed, biofuels, animal care, textiles, and human medicine.
For more information about the position, you can contact Chris Landowski, Research Team Leader, Protein Production, firstname.lastname@example.org
These are two years fixed-term positions.
You can find more information about the team and the projects:
We are looking forward to hearing from you, so please send your CV and application as soon as possible, or June 16th at the latest!