16.10.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
Organon is a Women’s Health Company that believes in a better and healthier every day for every woman! We are a passionate, global community of thousands dedicated to redefining the future of women’s health. Our mission is to deliver impactful medicines and solutions for a healthier every day. But what really makes it work at Organon is our people.
We’re looking for real, passionate team players, curious innovators, forward thinkers, empowered by the idea of shaping their career, and ready to bring their fire to embrace change and the opportunities it brings for progress.
At Organon, you’ll get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the open, agile, collaborative culture of a start-up, and operating at the scale of a fortune 500 company with an international footprint that serves people in more than 140 markets.
It’s going to be an exciting future—come be a part of it!
Organon is hiring a Research Senior Scientist to join our team in Turku, Finland.
Purpose of the role
- Independently coordinate basic research activities
- Assist drug discovery lead and senior scientists in drug discovery and development projects
- Assist in establishing priorities and timelines to meet project objectives
- Liaise with both internal cross-functional team members and outsourced partners
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordination of compound logistics and in vitro screening routines
- Coordinating outsourced research activities
- Procuring catalog chemicals, commercial screening compounds and custom synthesis products
- Providing documentation for vendors, couriers, customs, and financial management
- Keeping chemistry database (SAR) up to date, and troubleshooting problems with these databases
- Attending lab meetings, project meetings, and meeting with external collaborators
- Assist project team with preparation of reports and presentations
- Under general guidance
- interpret and evaluate scientific data and screening results
- propose conclusions and follow-up experiments
- review literature and patents
- participate in synthetic route scouting, designing of molecules, SAR analysis
Background Requirements and Qualifications
- Job experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry or in an academic setting is preferred
- General knowledge of synthetic chemistry, common purification techniques, and structure elucidation of organic molecules
- General understanding of drug discovery, medicinal chemistry, and biological principles
- Excellent computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications
- MS in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field
- BSc in organic chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmacy, or related field with 1-5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance
- Strong organizational, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively with other scientists (chemists, biologists, pharmacologists, etc.) on a complex research project
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.
22.4.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
About the job
Research Scientist, Research and Development
Are you interested in producing new sustainable food ingredients with one of Europe’s hottest start-up companies? Would you like do impactful work to produce animal free egg white proteins with cutting edge technology with superb colleagues who are top experts in their field? Onego Bio might be just the place for you.
Onego Bio Ltd is a Finnish biotechnology company developing animal-free products such as egg white proteins. The company, founded in 2022, is a VTT spin-off that salutes the remarkable work done by VTT Biotechnology to create next level cell agriculture products and applications. Onego Bio has raised 10 million Euros in seed funding to commercialize a breakthrough technology to produce egg white without chickens. The Onego Bio Ltd shareholders include venture capital investors such as Agronomics and Maki VC. Get to know us better by exploring our webpage www.onego.bio
We are now looking for an experienced research scientist to join our R&D team.
In this position, you will play an essential role in developing, planning, and carrying out research projects with a project team and contribute towards our greater goal of providing animal free egg protein ingredients to the world. Ultimately, we aim to be part of building a sustainable food system with the help of our partners throughout the world. Towards this goal our R&D team will create microbial production systems for expressing egg white proteins using filamentous fungi.
Read more about our past work on the topic:
Your responsibilities as Research Scientist:
- Scientific project work in the fields of protein production and fungal biology
- Using your expertise in molecular biology and strain engineering to create excellent fungal production strains for egg white proteins
- Developing strain screening technologies and workflows for filamentous fungi
- Further developing our fungal expression platforms using the newest innovations
- Working with our bioprocess team to improve the strains and bioprocess conditions
Who we are looking for:
- Proven, excellent laboratory skills and experience in molecular biology techniques such as DNA cloning, genome engineering, protein analysis, protein purification, and possibly genome analysis
- Completed MSc or PhD in biotechnology, molecular biology, or related field.
- One year or more of experience working with filamentous fungi, or possibly yeast.
- Good scientific reporting skills
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Industrial experience working in a biotechnology company would be a big plus
As a person, we hope that you:
- Skilfully and precisely plan and perform experiments
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative to get projects accomplished
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills
- Work well with other team members and contribute to a good working environment
- Can tolerate pressure and maintain a good work-life balance
- Are flexible to take on a variety of tasks anticipated in a start-up company
With Onego Bio, you’ll enjoy: / What we offer you:
- Molecular biology with an impact. Onego Bio works on creating cutting-edge microbial protein production systems. Microbial production technology to produce chicken ovalbumin could mitigate the environmental impacts of chicken-egg-derived ovalbumin according to recent study published in Nature Food (https://www.nature.com/articles/s43016-021-00418-2)
- Superb colleagues. With Onego Bio, you’ll join a small, focused group of top experts who foster a culture of trust, openness and sharing ideas.
- Competitive salary. We want to attract the best people, so we will provide competitive salaries.
- Nordic work–life balance. Working in Finland, the happiest country in the world, enables a great quality of life. At Onego Bio, we make our people’s well-being a priority. We offer 6 weeks paid vacation a year and occupational healthcare.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application letter as soon as possible but at the latest by 30 April 2022. We will process applications as they come in and fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact Chris Landowski, Chief Technology Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply between 12 April 2022 and 30 April 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Helsinki, Finland
15.7.2021 | Avoimet työpaikat
We are looking for Analytical Development Scientist to our growing MSAT team.
MSAT stands for Manufacturing, Science and Technology. At MSAT we have three core functions that oversee Analytical development, Manufacturing process development and Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) management.
The Analytical Development team is in charge of development, optimization and validation of new analytical procedures and/or optimization of the current established ones. MSAT also supports regulatory filings to enable robust clinical and commercial supply, health authority communication, due diligence and business development opportunities.
Your primary responsibility as an Analytical Development Scientist is to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned assays. You will focus on assay development by using analytical models to support root cause investigations and evaluating process improvements.
It is an advantage if you already have some experience of GMP-work and/or you are familiar with quality systems. Moreover, experience in cell culture assays will help you to get into the work more easily.
You could be the person if…
You produce clear, easily understandable and accurate documentation in English.
You have good skills in analyzing data, both verbal and numeric. You are also seeking new information to solve challenges and make decisions based on the data.
You are able to innovate new ideas, approaches and views. You also enjoy developing yourself.
Your work approach is precise and you achieve objectives set to you in a timely manner.
In order to succeed, you would need a degree in the fields of biosciences, cell biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology or any other related field of study.
As a person, we would like you to be open-minded towards new challenges and spread good team spirit. You also need to communicate fluently both in written and spoken English.
We hope you to start in September 2021.
We offer you active and lively work community with highly skilled and experienced personnel in gene therapy manufacturing. Working with us, you are entitled to good employment benefits, such as extensive occupational health-care and ePassi- account. We provide you a wide induction training and a warm welcome.
Apply by 1.8.2021!
For more information, please contact Minna Hassinen, tel. 050-4336447. You’ll reach Minna 8.-16.7.2021 during office hours.
1.6.2021 | Avoimet työpaikat
Do you want to join us to develop new biotechnology and microbial systems for protein production?
We are looking for ambitious and customer-oriented Research Scientist and Senior Scientist (two positions) with a background inprotein production systems and fungal biology.
As a researcher at our Protein Production Team, you will have a key role and an opportunity to work on topics of great importance to society such as production of sustainable, animal free food proteins, production of vaccines to reduce antibiotics use in animals, enzyme mixtures for biofuel production, and therapeutic proteins for human medicine. You have the opportunity to work together with different customers ranging from big companies to start-ups and to support them in solving challenges with the help of science and technology.
Read more about our work in the following articles:
Eggs without chickens, milk without cows?
New fungal production platform C1 for vaccines and therapeutic proteins
With us you will be responsible for
- Scientific project work in the fields of protein production systems and fungal biology
- Writing scientific reports and presenting research data
- Working with customers to help them solve challenges
We expect you to have
- Completed MSc or PhD in relevant field
- Excellent laboratory skills and experience in molecular biology techniques
- Experience working with yeast or filamentous fungi
- Strong spoken and written English skills
As you person you are
- Motivated and willing to take initiative in getting projects accomplished
- You have strong communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Curious towards various scientific and technological challenges
- Willing to travel to customer and scientific meetings
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our personnel are at the core of VTT, where wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. The tasks are versatile, independent and challenging, with support and coaching where needed.
We offer this excellent opportunity to work with an experienced research team to better understand and develop fungal protein production hosts used for production of proteins and enzymes used in food, feed, biofuels, animal care, textiles, and human medicine.
For more information about the position, you can contact Chris Landowski, Research Team Leader, Protein Production, email@example.com
These are two years fixed-term positions.
You can find more information about the team and the projects:
VTT Finland-Protein Production Team
VTT develops piglet vaccination to reduce antibiotics use
We are looking forward to hearing from you, so please send your CV and application as soon as possible, or June 16th at the latest!
11.5.2021 | Avoimet työpaikat
Orion Corporation operates in more than 20 countries, where we Orionees, 3200 in total, work in all kinds of positions. Among us there are Research Scientists, Laboratory Technicians, Engineers and IT Specialists as well as people working in Production, just to mention some examples. We offer diverse and responsible jobs to our personnel in a truly multi-disciplinary work environment. We encourage people to develop their competences and offer opportunities to affect the job description and creating their own career path at Orion. We are searching for top talents who are ready to share our passion for the work that we do.
Description of position
We offer a permanent analytical scientist position in our analytical laboratory in Turku, Finland. We are looking for a research-driven scientist with interest in connecting analytical data with drug substance and product properties. We operate within several therapy areas, i.e. oncology, neurodegeration, pain and animal health.
Your main responsibility is to design and perform chemical analytics and dissolution studies for oral suspensions, liquids and solid dosage forms. You plan and run studies exploring method feasibility and confirming its appropriateness for the intended use. You will review results, summarize and make conclusions of the studies, and document the work for registration purposes according to GMP principles.
You will learn forward-looking biopharmaceutical strategies that enable the development of a high-quality drug substances and drug products through research phase and clinical trials. As well, you will learn the skills of preparing and testing small scale liquid and suspension formulations intended for non-clinical in-vivo testing.
Daily work involves intensive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders working closely together in multi-disciplinary teams. You will follow the international development in this field of science, develop the activities and practices within pharmaceutical research and development, and share your knowledge and experience with your colleagues.
Description of unit
Biopharmaceutics unit consists of analytical, physical-analytical and formulation scientists. We work in research projects for which we develop biopharmaceutical tools and understanding of in-vivo absorption of drug substances. We support drug product development for clinical trials. Biopharmaceutics unit is a part of the Pharmaceutical Research and Development organisation in Orion R&D.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the most innovative companies in Finland to use and further develop your expertise in drug and drug product development. We also offer you great colleagues who are driven by the engaging mission of the company and are fun to work with. We foster entrepreneurship, have an open and idea-rich atmosphere with plenty of ways to make a difference. Appreciation of colleagues and continuous development are part of our core values.
- M.Sc. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical sciences or a related field.
- Experience of analytical method development with research or pharmaceutical industry.
- Hands-on experience of performing chemical analytics in laboratory settings.
- Knowledge of materials sciences and applications in pharmaceutical development preferred.
- Ability to collaborate well in cross-functional teams internally and in external networks with academia, CROs and partners.
Fluent communication skills in English are essential.
If you interested, please apply at the latest on Thursday 27.5.2021! Inquiries can be done by telephone: Bert van Veen, +358 50 966 4625 (on 17.5. at 14-15 or 24.5. at 14-15).
Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment.