Senior Project Manager – Oncology, EMEA based role
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
#SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health – physical, mental and financial.
We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Equal Opportunities Plan. Its objective is to achieve the principle of equality of opportunity in Syneos Health’s employment practices ensuring that our workforce is truly representative of each gender and that every employee is respected and is able to work under equal conditions.
The position provides customer focused leadership in managing and delivering the operational and financial aspects of one or more clinical projects from proposal development to final deliverables and ranging in size and complexity from single service studies to full scope, multiple protocol projects and/or global projects across various phases and functional areas with limited interaction from supervisor. May oversee less experienced Project Managers (PMs) and have line management responsibilities.
Project Leadership And Delivery
- Manages a project as Project Manager overseeing interdisciplinary clinical research programs ensuring compliance with Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory requirements.
- Acts as primary liaison between the Company and the Customer to ensure project launch, conduct, and closeout according to the Customer’s and the Company’s contractual agreement.
- Leads clinical team to ensure quality, timelines and budget management.
- Accountable for the financial performance of assigned projects
- Accountable for all project deliverables for assigned projects and/or project regions.
- Coordinates activities and deliverables of all project conduct partners and proactively identifies and manages issues.
Reporting And Communication
- Accountable for maintenance of project information on a variety of databases and systems.
- Maintains and evaluates project progress by maintaining timelines and other tracking/analysis tools.
- Responsible for project management components of inspection readiness for all aspects of the project conduct, including Trial Master Files.
- Provides oversight for development and implementation of project plans in accordance with Controlled Documents.
- Independently prepares, coordinates, and presents project material at internal and external meetings.
- Directs the activities of assigned Project Support staff; line manages and mentors other project management team members and clinical staff; facilitates team building and communication.
- Prepares project management reports for clients and management.
- Implements resource strategies to achieve project goals.
- Develops contingency planning and risk mitigation strategies to ensure successful delivery of project goals.
- Participates in bid defense meetings where presented as potential project manager/director.
- Develops strong relationships with current clients to generate new and/or add-on business for the future.
- Keeps a current awareness of business unit’s and assigned projects’ therapeutic environment and drug development trends
- May train and support new Project Managers. Facilitates team training in accordance with protocol and/or project requirements, including therapeutic, protocol specific, and process training.
- May be required to line manage other project management team members and clinical monitoring staff
What we’re looking for;
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) level of qualification in life sciences, Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH guidelines, regulatory requirements, drug development process and clinical monitoring procedures.
- Clinical research organization (CRO) and relevant therapeutic experience preferred.
- Strong ability to manage time and work independently.
- Ability to embrace new technologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken
- Flexibility and the ability to mentor and manage new staff and to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines delivering high quality work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 25%).
Get to know Syneos Health;
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities.
Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above.
Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms.
Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Syneos Health is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Syneos Health is willing to provide reasonable accommodations required for a medical condition or disability.