For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are looking for a motivated proactive and self-driven (senior) scientist (position depends on experience) to join Charles River Discovery Research Service site located in Kuopio, Finland The position requires proven track of experience in radiopharmaceutical science for in vivo oncology or neuroscience and expertise in in vivo pharmacological studies. The candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary preclinical research team and will report to Principal Scientist In Vivo.
The person in this role will operate in a highly collaborative environment, partnering with peers, operational teams (in vivo, Imaging, Biomarker) at the site and Clients. In this position you will be leading Client projects in CNS/oncology drug discovery field ensuring the scientific excellence of study design, execution, data analysis and reporting. The candidate will help to set program/study strategies and provide steps forward based on the outcomes.
In addition to Client studies, scientist will be involved in R&D activities including validations of new assays, models and techniques to support capabilities portfolio of the Company and specific Client’s needs.
- Higher education degree in relevant subject, e.g. biomedical science (MSc) with 3+ years of experience, preferably PhD degree
- Pharmaceutical industry, Preclinical Contract Research Organization or academic post-doctoral experience will be an asset
- Experience on radiopharmaceutical preparation (radiolabeling) for nuclear imaging is required
- Proven expertise in utilizing in vivo models and assays for pharmacological studies in neuroscience and/or oncology is required
- Hands on experience in development, optimization and validation of PET/SPECT/CT imaging in preclinical environment is required
- Experience in receptor affinity techniques such as radioligand binding or autoradiography will be an asset
- Ability to independently design, develop and implement chromatography (SEC, HPLC) methods will be an asset
- Proven ability to work in a team or collaboration-based environment
• Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Problem solving skills and effective decision making
- Ability to lead, coordinate and prioritize and get things done
- Ability to work flexibly across projects and adapt to new priorities in fast-paced environment
- Fluent spoken and written English, scientific writing skills
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in 24countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.