24.5.2021 | Avoimet työpaikat
Blueprint Genetics is a leading clinical genetic testing company aspiring to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We are growing rapidly and strengthening the core of our diagnostics where we utilise Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies, which produce large quantities of data, requiring highly efficient computing infrastructure and data analysis pipelines. To support our rapid growth and constant strive for state-of-the-art analytic solutions, we are looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to join our Bioinformatics R&D team in Espoo, Finland.
In this position you will be part of the Bioinformatics R&D team, and will also work closely with our Clinical Bioinformatics, Software Development, Data Science and IT Operations teams. You work as part of a team of domain experts combining independent tasks and teamwork. You are fully comfortable with modern software development process and share the common practices and responsibilities with the rest of the team.
Your main tasks will include:
- Combining your NGS data-analysis and programming skills to further develop and maintain our state-of-the-art analysis pipelines and tools, leveraging the power of workflow management frameworks in the cloud
- Facilitating the adoption of cutting-edge bioinformatics methods and data sources into NGS analyses in a clinical diagnostics setting
- The evaluation and development of NGS methods
- Participating in our scientific projects and helping to ensure that our clinical bioinformatics production efficiently utilises state-of-the-art methods and technologies
What we expect from you
We are hoping to find an open and collaborative team member who is eager to learn from others and comfortable acting as an opinion leader in their areas of strength. You possess both a strong practical skillset for NGS data analysis and a broad theoretical background either from academia or industry. You strive for high quality and appreciate the amount of care working with clinical data requires. We hope you are looking for meaningful work and share our passion for making an impact in people’s lives. We aspire to find a colleague who fits our easy-going team of skilled and knowledgeable professionals. Our ideal candidate has:
- An MSc degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Science or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience in bioinformatics research, developing data-analysis pipelines and/or software solutions in the field of NGS/Bioinformatics
- Deep understanding of bioinformatics as a field and its different applications
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Strong teamwork skills and the motivation to learn from others
What differentiates you
- A PhD degree in bioinformatics, computer science, human genetics or related field
- Academic background with track-record of published scientific papers, methods, databases and tools within the field of bioinformatics and genetics
- Knowledge of bioinformatic workflow languages
- Thorough experience working with Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) and Whole Exome Sequencing (WES)
- Experience with statistical analysis, data engineering and machine learning
- Cloud computing experience
- Background in clinical diagnostics
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you’ll be a valued part of our global team of creative and solution-oriented people. You will get to work at the forefront of health and life sciences. We offer you rewarding work in a rapidly evolving environment, where you can learn and grow together with the company. Through your work you will help us in our mission to provide world-class, scalable solutions that will take genetic testing from niche to mainstream healthcare – to the benefit of patients worldwide.
How to apply
Does this sound like your next career move? All you need to do is submit your CV or share your LinkedIn profile with us through our online form at the latest on June 20. The first round of discussions will be carried out virtually. We hope to hear from you soon!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can contact our Bioinformatics R&D Manager Ville Kytölä, email@example.com
Who we are
We are a specialty genetics and bioinformatics company focused on providing genetic testing for inherited diseases. We are based in Keilaniemi (Espoo), Finland, and Seattle, WA, with a customer base spanning over 70 countries. www.blueprintgenetics.com
Blueprint Genetics is a Quest Diagnostics company. Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services. www.questdiagnostics.com
27.3.2021 | Avoimet työpaikat
Blueprint Genetics is a leading clinical genetic testing company aspiring to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for a Touchpoint Specialist to join our Customer Experience team in Keilaniemi, Espoo. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Placing an order and receiving the final product are key touchpoints in the customer journey, and designing these processes will be the main focus for the new Touchpoint Specialist. In this position, you will play an important role in making sure we continue delivering the exceptional customer experience we offer today and developing it further. You will work on ordering and delivering touchpoint concepts, logistics, and development. You will update the global customer-facing teams about the new features as well as provide technical expertise that enables them to successfully introduce the touchpoints to our customers. Together with our CX & Brand team, you will co-create touchpoint-related content eg, printed and digital materials, product training presentations, website texts, and other touchpoint-related materials. You will suggest touchpoints enhancements to improve the customer experience by performing market and competitor analysis as well as collecting internal and external feedback. Ultimately, you act as the champion of our touchpoints.
Your main tasks will include:
- Developing and maintaining the ordering and reporting touchpoints and processes together with CX, Client Services and Production Services, Sales, and Marketing
- Using customer insights and market analysis to define touchpoints requirements
- Working as a gatekeeper of the changes and maintenance of the steps of the buying journey
- Ensuring order forms, kits and reports are on par with the CX/Brand promise (CX, scientific, quality and accessible)
- Coordinating cross-functional projects and following up on tasks, schedules and targets during specific projects
- Developing and implementing the ordering and reporting processes through service design thinking approach
- Ensuring all work is performed in compliance with company policies/QMS including Privacy/HIPAA and other regulatory, legal, and safety requirements.
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar position, preferably in healthcare, service design or product management
- Preferably MSc in Business, Marketing, Biosciences or other relevant fields of studies
- Good understanding of the ordering and delivering processes of products and services
- Desire to learn and understand the genetic testing market, the science behind it as well as the brand
- Ability to reliably deliver multiple projects on strict deadlines with strong attention to detail and focus on quality
- Research and analytical mindset with the ability to draw conclusions and turn them into concrete actions
- Ability to work autonomously
- Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance, and campaigning for it when necessary
- Strong commercial design, marketing, presentation and project management skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills and experience from a cross-functional role
We are looking for a colleague who is committed to finding the best solutions possible for our customers. Since this is a new team and position at Blueprint Genetics, we hope you are ready to take a holistic view on our customer journey and ownership of the tasks at hand. We are working in an international and high-growth work environment, so we aspire to find a person who has adaptability to change and eagerness to learn and grow with us.
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics you will be a part of a global team of innovative, dynamic, and motivated people at the forefront of health and life sciences. We offer a chance to develop your skills further in a positive, low-hierarchy working environment. This new position provides a unique opportunity to help us in our mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare.
If this sounds like you, take the next step and apply latest on Sunday, April 4. We will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can contact our Customer Experience Senior Manager, Thomas Vincent by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358452262110 on Thursday, March 24 between 1 and 2 pm (EET) or Wednesday, March 31 between 1 and 2 pm.