Tällä sivulla ilmoitetaan yhdistyksen tapahtumista sekä muista ajankohtaisista asioista.
13.4.2022 | Ajankohtaista
Tiedätkö jo, mihin haluaisit työllistyä? Mihin ylipäänsä solubiologian, biolääketieteen tai molekyylibiologian alalta voi työllistyä? Käsitelläänkö työllistymistä mielestäsi tarpeeksi jo opintojen aikana?
Käy vastaamassa seuraavaan kyselyyn ja kerro meille, mitä olet mieltä yllä mainittuihin kysymyksiin?
Vastausaikaa 31.5.2022 asti.
15.5.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
We at FinVector are looking for Team Leads for Downstream and Drug Product teams!
Our Manufacturing department consists of 4 manufacturing streams and supportive operations. In Downstream we perform the purification of different virus products by using different filtration and chromatographic purification methods that are selected during the process development. Drug Product team is focusing on aseptic fill and finish activities, such as formulation, filling and packaging operations as well as preliminary preparation (washing, autoclaving) processes.
Your daily tasks consists of:
- Your main responsibility is to lead a team of Specialists and/or Operators
- Supervising production activities. You ensure that production activities comply with appropriate current GMP, safety and cost standards
- Manage all related personnel actions in your area of responsibility, including setting of objectivities, motivating and training.
- Implement production priorities based on established weekly schedule and make daily assignments: shift schedules, resource planning, ensuring requisition of materials, and equipment maintenance
- Interpret specifications and make judgements about the acceptability of production in process
- Follow-up on CAPAs and deviations to identify root causes, avoid overdue closure and re-occurrence
- Review and approve cGMP documentation on the area of responsibility
- A degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Engineering, Biosciences or other related field
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical industry, experience in aseptic and/or GMP-work is a plus
- Able to set direction, define suitable course of action, and delegate responsibilities in a practical manner.
- Proficient at planning ,efficient in time management and good at organizing needed resources
- A systematic and precise working method but also open for changes and development
- Capable of producing clear, easily understandable and accurate documentation in English
- Good at building relations within the organization and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Preferably earlier experience in managerial position
- Most importantly, as a Team Lead you need to have passion for people and inspire, support and develop your team!
Our Manufacturing department is working in shifts, but you would be mainly working during normal office hours with flexi time arrangement.
We offer you active and lively work community with highly skilled and experienced personnel in gene therapy manufacturing. We provide you a wide induction training, a warm welcome and a possibility for personal development.
Please apply by 18 May!
For more information, please contact Elisa Kajander (Downstream) tel. 044-5019513 or Henri Sormunen (Drug Product) tel. 040-7770677. You’ll reach Elisa and Henri on weekdays during office hours.
15.5.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
Haemme Jyväskylän yliopiston bio- ja ympäristötieteiden laitokselle
määräaikaiseen työsuhteeseen ajalle 1.6.2022-31.5.2024. Määräaikaisuuden perusteena on sijaisuus.
Laboratoriomestarin tehtäviin kuuluvat solu- ja molekyylibiologian alojen tutkimusta ja opetusta tukevat tehtävät. Erityisenä vastuualueena on virologiaan ja mikrobiologiaan erikoistuneiden tutkimusryhmien tekninen avustaminen. Tähän sisältyy esimerkiksi elatusaineiden ja kasvatusliuosten valmistamista, bakteeri- solu- ja virusviljelyä, virusten tuottoa ja puhdistusta ja molekyylibiologian töitä. Työhön kuuluu myös laitteistosta ja työympäristöstä huolehtimista, tilausten tekemistä ja laboratoriokurssien valmistelua. Osallistut laboratorion ylläpito- ja kehitystyöhön yhdessä laboratorion muun henkilökunnan kanssa. Tarvittaessa laboratoriomestarin työtehtäviin voi sisältyä myös laboratoriossa työskentelevien opiskelijoiden avustamista ja neuvontaa.
Mitä odotamme hakijalta?
- Soveltuvaa laborantin tai laboratorioanalyytikon koulutusta
- Halua kehittää omaa osaamista, kykyä toimia osana kansainvälistä tutkimusympäristöä ja joustavuutta osallistua koko laitoksen toimintaan
- Tarkkaa työskentelytapaa, tiimipelaajan asennetta ja kykyä toimia itsenäisesti
- Tietoteknistä osaamista ja hyvää englannin kielen taitoa
Jyväskylän yliopistossa olet arvostettu yliopistoyhteisön jäsen. Pääset osaksi kansainvälistä ja monitieteistä yhteisöämme, jossa jokaisen hyvinvointi on tärkeää. Tarjoamme kampuksella ja sen läheisyydessä hyvät puitteet liikkuvaan ja hyvinvoivaan elämäntapaan. Palkkauksessa noudatamme yliopistojen työehtosopimuksen mukaista palkkausjärjestelmää, jossa tehtävä sijoittuu muun henkilöstön vaativuustasoille 4-5. Palkka tehtävässä on noin 2100–2600 €/kk välillä. Tehtävässä noudatetaan kuuden kuukauden koeaikaa.
Sähköiseen hakemukseen tulee liittää
- Ansioluettelo (CV), jonka tulee sisältää kahden suosittelijan yhteystiedot
Hakemus tulee jättää viimeistään 15.5.2022 sähköisellä hakulomakkeella.
Lisätietoja antavat professori Varpu Marjomäki, email@example.com, +358 40 5634422 ja apulaisprofessori Lotta-Riina Sudberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 8053931.
15.5.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
We, at the University of Oulu, work as part of the international science community to produce new scientific information and science-based solutions. We are committed to educate future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent, and humane world. Creating new, taking responsibility, and succeeding together build a strong foundation in all our actions. We offer a working environment where individuals can cultivate their skills, do meaningful work, and develop professionally. Our university’s several specialized research and service units enable extensive and diverse development and career opportunities for experts in various fields.
We are now seeking a talented scientist for a 3-year fixed-term
position in the group of assistant professor Renata Prunskaite-Hyyryläinen to work on a project focused to understand the genetic and molecular basis of male and female fertility. The research project is carried out under the FIBROBESITY programme – targeting obesity-related fibrotic pathologies. More information can be found at https://www.oulu.fi/en/fibrohealth-combatting-fibrosis-chronic-diseases
The research group is affiliated with the Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine. We have two major focus areas: (i) characterization of genes critical for male fertility and (ii) uterine morphogenesis studies through the lifetime and have specific interest in three-dimensional (3D) imaging. Selected publications: doi.org/10.1371/journal.pgen.1008954, doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1608458113, doi.org/10.1038/s41467-021-23571-5, and doi.org/10.1093/hmg/ddv621.
The research project focuses on researching molecular bases of fertility. The main tasks include working with broad variety of molecular and cell biology methods, transgenic mouse models, cell culture, RNA seq data analysis, as well as basic and advanced microscopy.
– A doctoral degree, or proof of a defense date, preferably in the field of biochemistry, molecular or cell biology, medical sciences, or related fields. Your doctoral degree must be completed before the job contract starts. The doctoral degree must have been received no more than 10 years ago.
– Knowhow in molecular and cellular biology, histology, and imaging methods, as well as experience in research with mouse models are required. Experience in RNAseq data analysis will be viewed as an advantage.
– Certified competence to carry out procedures on animals
– Ability to pursue independent research, work productively in a team, supervise younger scientists, as well as excellent speaking and writing skills in English are expected
What we offer
– You will become a part of a growing research group, working on strategically and globally significant research area well integrated to the international scientific community
– You will receive support not only from your team and supervisor, but also from university´s wide variety of support services, so that you can excel in your studies and research/work
– In addition to modern research facilities, we offer you personnel benefits such as occupational healthcare, affordable sport services and salary payments for 12 months/year
– A salary in accordance with the Finnish universities salary system (for teaching and research personnel): level 5. In addition, a salary component based on personal work performance will be paid (maximum of 50 % of the job-specific component). In practice, the salary is roughly 3,400 € per month (before taxes) for an early-stage postdoc, depending on the appointee’s qualifications and prior experience. The position is fixed-term 3-year and will start 1st of August or as soon as possible thereafter. A trial period of six months is applied in the position.
– Other benefits: The successful candidate will receive full benefits provided by the University of Oulu to university employees, including free time corresponding to holidays and free occupational health care services. The successful candidate will receive also benefits provided by the Finnish government to residents, for example a possibility to obtain access to the national healthcare system, tax benefits for employees with children and high-quality affordable childcare services.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted using the electronic application form by 29th of May 2022 (23:59 Finnish local time), with the following attachments as three separate pdf files:
1) Complete CV according to the guidelines of the Finnish National Board on Research Integrity (https://tenk.fi/en/advice-and-materials/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae) including a list of publications and contact information of at least two referees who may be asked to give a statement on the candidate (max. size limit of the attachment: 5 Mbytes)
2) Motivation letter summarizing professional experience, expertise and describing why you are interested in this position. Information on personal research interests, and career plans is valuable to provide here (1 – 2 pages; max. size limit of the attachment: 2 Mbytes).
3) Certificates/Diplomas: Scanned electronic copies of diplomas and transcripts of the records of relevant previous degrees and, when necessary, official translations to Finnish or English (max. size limit of the attachment: 2 Mbytes)
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Other relevant information
Eligible applicants fitting best in the research profile expected for the position may be invited to an on-site or remote interview. All applicants will be notified when the selection process is completed.
15.5.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
Informal inquiries can be sent to Renata Prunskaite-Hyyryläinen e-mail [renata.prunskaite(at)oulu.fi] with the subject line “Regarding postdoctoral researcher position”.
We at the University of Oulu work as part of the international science community to produce new scientific information and science-based solutions. We are committed to educate future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world. Creating new, taking responsibility and succeeding together are values that build a strong foundation for all our actions. We offer a working environment where individuals can cultivate their skills, do meaningful work, and develop professionally. Our university’s several specialized research and service units enable extensive and diverse development and career opportunities for experts in various fields.
We now have opening for a 4-year
Doctoral researcher position
in microfluidics and biosensors group, led by Prof. Caglar Elbuken (https://www.oulu.fi/fbmm/caglar_elbuken) in the Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine at the University of Oulu. The student will be co-supervised by Dr. Ilya Skovorodkin and Prof. Seppo Vainio as well (https://www.oulu.fi/fbmm/seppo_vainio).
This position is a unique opportunity at the intersection of biology and engineering opened by two closely collaborating research teams at Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine. In addition to a variety of multidisciplinary research topics, our teams focus on development of organoids, lab-on-a-chip systems, microfluidic network growth and organogenesis. Our ERC (https://erc.europa.eu/about-erc/mission) project is on understanding the fundamental principles and implications of bifurcating network growth. Specifically, we are interested in red blood cell flow dynamics in blood vessel network. Organoid vascularization is an important bottleneck in the field that will be studied as an application of the microfluidic bifurcating system in developing of next generation in vitro models: “Human organoids: body-on-a-chip”.
Our goal is to understand the vascularization process during organ development. We aim to reveal the impact of non-uniform oxygenation due to discreteness of red blood cell flow at capillary level and its effect on the corresponding tissue and vessel network growth. Additionally, kidney organoids will be developed to study simultaneous growth of two biological networks where the in vitro vascularization will be quantified on in vitro developed kidney models. Our research groups perform interdisciplinary research at the intersection of developmental biology, cell biology, biochemistry and engineering.
The successful candidate will be provided training on the design, manufacturing and implementation of microfluidic systems. These microfluidic systems will be tested on chicken embryo model and later applied for development of “vessel network on chip” model. Broad range of modern methods of biochemistry, cell and molecular biology will be offered to learn and mastering. The doctoral researcher will be enrolled in the Health and Bioscience Doctoral Programme of the University of Oulu Graduate school, which provides support in theoretical and practical training. The position is fixed-term for 4 years in an ERC funded project and it targets to completion of a Doctoral thesis and multiple publications in high-ranked international journals.
Required qualifications and assessment
The successful applicants must hold a Master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics or a related field. The applicants close to finishing their Master’s degrees will be considered eligible to apply. The degree must be completed prior to beginning the employment.
Fluent oral and written English skills, good communication and teamwork skills are required. Experience in academic writing and presentation skills is required. Experience with microfluidic systems is an asset. Research experience in a multidisciplinary and multinational environment will be taken as merits. When assessing the applicant’s qualifications, issues to be considered will include research experience, interest and capacity in multidisciplinary research and independent working capability.
What we offer
- Regular salary is paid 12 months per year, including paid leave and an additional holiday bonus in the summer.
- University´s wide variety of support services are at your disposal, allowing you to focus on your studies and research / work. You will be provided opportunity free occupational health care provided by the university.In addition to modern research facilities, we offer personnel benefits such as sport services, social activities organized by the university and endless opportunities to develop your skills and competences.
- The successful candidate will also receive benefits provided by the Finnish government to residents, for example possibility to obtain access to the national healthcare system, the benefits of the Nordic welfare state, tax benefits for employees with children and high-quality, affordable childcare services.
Position and salary
The position is fixed term for a maximum of four-year period. The employment begins on September 1st, 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter. A six-month trial period is applied in the position.
The salary will be set on levels 2 – 4 of the national salary scale for the teaching and research staff of Finnish universities. In addition, supplementary remuneration will be paid for personal achievement and performance (max. 50 %). In practice, the salary is roughly 2300 – 2600 € (before taxes) per month for an early stage researcher, depending on the appointee’s qualifications and progress of the doctoral thesis.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted in English using the electronic application form by June 30th, 2022 (23:59 Finnish local time, EET), with the following attachments as separate pdf files. Applications will be evaluated upon arrival, early application is suggested.
1) CV with contact information of at least three referees
2) Motivation letter with a short description of research merits, experience and motivation (max. 2 pages)
3) Diplomas: Scanned copies of diplomas and transcripts of previous degrees.
4) (optional) A maximum of 3 selected publications (refereed journal articles and/or master’s thesis)
Applications should be submitted through the online system. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an online interview, where they are expected to summarize their research experience and their motivation in applying for this position.
Further information: Please contact Prof. Caglar Elbuken, caglar.elbuken (at) oulu.fi,
or Dr. Ilya Skovorodkin, ilya.skovorodkin (at) oulu.fi, if you need further information on the position.
15.5.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
- At GlucoModicum, we turn science into game-changing products for needle-free monitoring of biomarkers.
- We devise the firstsolution for needle-free glucose monitoring to benefit over 400 million diabetics.
- We have completed and tested our first industrial-grade prototype in Pilot Clinical Trials in type-2 diabetics.
- We have ongoing engagement with major global players to take our products to the market.
At GlucoModicum, you will be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a background in top universities around the world. You will be constantly challenged to increase your skills and knowledge, be creative and apply scientific rigour to solve real-world, practical problems. Developing novel high-tech solutions that can vastly improve people’s lives is not simple, it takes talent, hard work, and effective collaboration. GlucoModicum offers a unique opportunity to exploit your talent and state-of-the-art facilities to make a strong impact.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are now looking for a Laboratory Technician to join our multidisciplinary team in Helsinki. In this role, you are expected to have perseverance, adaptability and run experiments independently under expert supervision. We are looking for a curiosity-driven self-motivated person who is eager to learn quickly and apply analytical knowledge in daily tasks. This job requires occasional flexibility in working schedules.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Perform experiments related to QC and R&D tasks
- Assist R&D teams in scientific investigations
- Document results and experiments
- Maintain, calibrate and validate laboratory equipment
- Keep track of laboratory stock and resources
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or Laboratory Technician Diploma in a science-related field
- Hands-on experience in analytical chemistry, electrochemistry, polymer science, or hydrogels is an advantage
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High level of concentration and dexterity
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Good team working skills
- Good time management
This position is located at our R&D office in Helsinki, Finland.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application through the LinkedIn portal. Please submit your CV and a covering letter in PDF format.
15.5.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
Expressions of Interest are invited for the position of Scientific Project Manager at Euro-Bioimaging ERIC (https://www.eurobioimaging.eu), a pan-European research infrastructure organization that offers open access to world-leading imaging technologies, training and data services in biological and biomedical imaging.
The recruited Manager will be part of the operational leadership of the organization with special focus on contributing to the overall teamwork, specially in project management tasks for EU funded projects. All of this with the goal of advancing Euro-Bioimaging services, technologies and operations.
This is an exciting opportunity if you are passionate about biological and biomedical imaging and would be interested in an international engagement to manage and advance multiple projects from the development and planning phase all the way to the execution and reporting stages. The project topics may span from artificial intelligence applications in imaging to the study of infectious disease and cancer. The project consortia consist of the leading research and research infrastructure organizations, offering a lively and dynamic environment.
The mission of Euro-BioImaging ERIC as a distributed research infrastructure is to provide the European research community, collaborative partners and industry with world class imaging services that bridge biological and biomedical imaging and enable innovative and world-class research. Whatever the scale of imaging, Euro-BioImaging provides the tools and support to explore and answer research questions. To achieve this, Euro-BioImaging ERIC is managing and coordinating new scientific EU funded projects. The role of the Scientific Project Manager will be to coordinate and administer EU projects to successful initiation and completion, thus helping the progress and development of the Euro-BioImaging ERIC.
The Scientific Project Manager is hired at the Statutory Seat of Euro-BioImaging ERIC and positioned in Turku, Finland. The Statutory Seat is the office of the Director General and responsible for the overall coordination and administration of Euro-BioImaging ERIC.
Euro-BioImaging is managed by a tripartite Hub, or Headquarters team, in Finland, Germany, and Italy, including the Statutory Seat in Turku, and the sections for biological (Bio-Hub, EMBL Heidelberg) and biomedical imaging (Med-Hub, CNR, Turin). You will have a chance to work with the whole highly multidisciplinary and multicultural team at all three locations.
In addition to the specific project management tasks, the Scientific Project Manager will contribute to the Euro-BioImaging Hub tasks and operation as a fully integrated team member. The Hub runs the day-to-day management of the organization, promoting the research infrastructure nationally and internationally, contributing to the coordinated provision of access, services and training to state-of-the-art imaging technologies for all life scientists in Europe and beyond and finally, fostering liaison and cooperation across the broad bioimaging communities.
The candidate will be a key contributor to the following tasks:
- managing projects, in particular for EU funded projects
- reporting the results of the EU funded projects towards the European Commission, and towards the relevant stakeholders
- coordinating and administering existing projects making sure that all the members and partners execute their functions and the project delivers what it has proposed
- collaborating with the multiple partners of Euro-BioImaging ERIC to constantly apply for new funding opportunities and securing the necessary funds for operations in new projects
- contributing to the overall team work
- representing Euro-BioImaging ERIC in relevant collaborative efforts, project meetings and conferences
- Higher education, MSc or PhD degree in science (e.g life-sciences, biological and biomedical sciences, or equivalent).
- Relevant background experience and interest in the fields of biological and biomedical imaging, or closely associated scientific fields
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Socially adaptive personality with passion to advance European Science and curiosity to learn from all the people working in the European Science landscape
Advantages for the position include one or several of the following elements:
- Experience in project management in a relevant scientific field
- Experience in EU-funded projects and their management
- Experience that have developed project management skills
Euro-BioImaging ERIC is a joint effort of 17 members, and one observer country. Euro-BioImaging ERIC is managed by the tripartite Hub, and the services are provided by 33 Nodes (comprising 140 renowned imaging facilities), that are distributed across Europe. These services can be accessed by all scientists in need of imaging technologies through the Euro-BioImaging Web Portal (www.eurobioimaging.eu).
Specific information on the Euro-BioImaging Nodes can be found on the web page (https://www.eurobioimaging.eu/about-us/eurobioimaging-nodes). The Nodes provide access to over 50 different cutting-edge biological and biomedical imaging technologies. In addition, novel technologies are constantly being included in the Euro-BioImaging portfolio (https://www.eurobioimaging.eu/about-us/new-technologies).
Application conditions, process and tentative timeline
The appointment will be to a full-time fixed term contract academic position with a trial period of six months. The appointment is a fixed-term position with possibility for renewal.
The salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Euro-BioImaging is an inclusive, equal opportunity and non-discrimination employer. The international nature of Euro-BioImaging Hub makes an attractive and inspiring working environment, offering a wide view on the biomedical imaging field in Europe as a whole.
A letter expressing an interest in the position along with a CV and any other relevant information should be sent (electronically) by June 19, 2022 to:
After receiving full applications, potential candidates will be contacted and interviews will be arranged. The appointment process is aimed to be completed within two months of its onset.
Informal enquiries can be made to:
Prof. John Eriksson, Director General
+358 50 4096624
1.5.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
Laura Elon johtamassa laskennallisen biolääketieteen tutkimusryhmässä on avoinna tutkijatohtorin toistaiseksi voimassa oleva tehtävä.
Turun Biotiedekeskus (https://bioscience.fi) on Turun yliopiston ja Åbo Akademin yhteinen erillinen laitos. Keskuksen tehtävä on edistää korkeatasoista tutkimusta ja koulutusta. Turun Biotiedekeskus tarjoaa moderneja teknologioita ja erityisosaamista mm. seuraavilla tutkimuksen aloilla: yksisoluanalyysi, NGS, epigenomiikka, proteomiikka, laskennallinen biologia ja solunkuvantaminen.
Etsimme joukkoomme tutkijatohtoria, jonka vastuulla ovat erilaisten proteomiikka-aineistojen analyysit ja niihin liittyvä menetelmäkehitys sekä aineistojen yhdistäminen eritasoisiin genomilaajuisiin sekvensointiaineistoihin (mm. transkriptomiikka, epigenomiikka). Lisäksi hän osallistuu näihin liittyvien data-analyysiohjelmistojen kehitykseen yhteistyössä keskuksen henkilöstön ja sidosryhmien kanssa. Tutkijatohtorin tehtäviin kuuluu raakadatojen prosessointi, laadunvarmistus ja laskennallinen analyysi sekä asiantuntijatuen tarjoaminen. Lisäksi hän osallistuu uusien data-analyysityökalujen ja -menetelmien kehitykseen ja testaukseen sekä analyysityönkulkujen suunnitteluun. Tutkijatohtori työskentelee läheisesti useiden tutkimusryhmien kanssa ja hänellä on avainrooli sekä data-analyysin perustason tehtävissä että useissa laajemmissa yleensä tutkimusyhteistyönä tehtävissä projekteissa. Tutkijatohtori osallistuu myös bioinformatiikan ja laskennallisen lääketieteen alan opiskelijoiden ohjaamiseen.
Hakijalta edellytetään vahvaa kokemusta massaspektrometriaineistojen analyysistä (DDA, BoxCar, DIA, SRM), NGS-datojen analyysistä sekä erilaisten omiikkadatojen integraatiosta lääketieteen sovelluksissa. Lisäksi edellytetään vahvaa osaamista ohjelmoinnissa (R, Python, Fortran, Java, Bash), eräajojärjestelmistä (SLURM) ja versionhallintatyökaluista (Git). Kokemus biologian ja immunologian alan tutkimuksesta katsotaan eduksi. Tehtävä edellyttää myös hyvää suullista ja kirjallista kommunikaatiotaitoa englanniksi ja erinomaisia yhteistyötaitoja. Tehtävään vaaditaan tohtorin tutkinto soveltuvalta alalta.
Palkka määräytyy suomalaisten yliopistojen työehtosopimusjärjestelmän mukaan. Tutkijatohtori kuuluu tutkimushenkilökuntaan ja palkka on keskimäärin 3100-3600 eur/kk. Tehtävässä on kuuden kuukauden koeaika.
Aloitusajankohta on 1.9.2022 tai sopimuksen mukaan.
Hakemukset tulee jättää viimeistään 16.5.2022 yliopiston sähköisellä hakulomakkeella. Hakemukseen tulee liittää motivaatiokirje (1 sivu), ansioluettelo (enintään 2 sivua), julkaisuluettelo sekä kopiot olennaisista tutkintotodistuksista . Linkki sähköiseen hakemukseen löytyy osoitteesta https://www.utu.fi/fi/yliopisto/tule-meille-toihin/avoimet-tehtavat
Lisätietoja avoimesta tehtävästä antaa bioinformatics-coordinator(at)utu.fi tai 029 450 3796.
30.4.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
Hakemuksen käytännön seikoissa avustaa henkilöstöasiantuntija Paula Luoma paula.luoma(at)utu.fi.
Meillä on avoinna harjoittelupaikka kahdeksi kuukaudeksi projektissa Bioproduction in Cyanobacteria
Kyseessä on antoisa ja mielenkiintoinen näköalapaikka innovatiivisessa tutkimusmaailmassa.
Harjoittelu on tarkoitettu henkilöille, jotka eivät aiemmin ole olleet harjoittelussa tai muuten töissä laitoksella.
Työtehtäviin kuuluu syanobakteerien kasvatuskokeiden tekemistä, steriilityöskentelyä sekä molekyylibiologisten että biokemiallisten kokeiden tekemistä syanobakteereilla.
Työharjoittelupaikka soveltuu molekyylibiotieteiden opiskelijalle.
Työssä vaaditaan huolellisuutta sekä hyviä yhteistyö-, ja kommunikaatiotaitoja, sekä innostusta syanobakteeritutkimukseen.
Eduksi katsotaan kursseilla tai muuten hankittu kokemus syanobakteerien tutkimisesta.
Valittavan henkilön toivotaan olevan tarkka ja huolellinen sekä yhteistyökykyinen.
Palkkaus on 1300 €/kk. Harjoittelussa on yhden kuukauden koeaika. Harjoittelu sijoittuu kesä- ja heinäkuulle.
Jätäthän hakemuksesi siis mahdollisimman pian – viimeistään 18.5.2022 Turun yliopiston sähköisellä hakulomakkeella.
Liitä mukaan motivaatiokirje, opintorekisteriote ja ansioluettelosi. Linkki sähköiseen hakemukseen löytyy osoitteesta
Lisätietoja tehtävästä antaa projektin johtaja Taina Tyystjärvi taina.tyystjarvi(at)utu.fi
ja rekrytointiprosessissa avustaa HR asiantuntija Paula Luoma paula.luoma(at)utu.fi
30.4.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
About the job
PerkinElmer’s commitment to scientific innovation is at the heart of everything we do. In PerkinElmer meaningful work arises to a whole new level. We help customers make smarter decisions, earlier diagnoses, more effective treatments and scientific breakthroughs.
Now we are looking for an Account Manager Genomics/NGS in Finland
The Account Manager will be responsible for achieving business targets, through sales development and field marketing programs, for the PerkinElmer Applied Genomics product portfolio in Finland, as well as supporting the business development of the NGS market in the Nordics.
- Competes for all Genomics, Proteomics, and Biologics sales opportunities throughout Finland
- Builds and maintains strong customer relationships
- Constantly attempts to secure business in new accounts and follows customer account receivables
- Provides accurate monthly forecasting, updates, and next steps within SFDC on a weekly basis as well as timely, accurate and competitive pricing to customers, and submits internal approval requests
- Attends seminars, exhibitions, and demonstrations to promote business
- Maintains knowledge of PerkinElmer products, as well as knowledge of competitors’ products, prepares, documents, and updates PerkinElmer presentation aids accordingly
- Supports the account managers in the rest of the Nordics with insight and technical expertise on the NGS products and workflows
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Science, preferably in Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry
- Strong experience within the Biotechnology, clinical diagnostics, or Life Science markets with a solid network in the sector.
- Strong background and knowledge base within NGS workflows and reagents.
- Results driven, energetic, effective, a self-starter with a strong motivation for sales
- Excellent in verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and who can excel in an international sales environment
- Independent, with good organizational and teamwork skills, driving you to continuously seek new opportunities
- Flexible and able to communicate with colleagues and customers locally and internationally
- Willingness to travel across all of Finland and the Nordics, and occasionally across Europe. Most customers are in the southern part of Finland, and candidates located in the southern part of Finland will be preferred
- Desire to learn, grow, and take the lead in a sales role within a fast-paced matrix organization
- Fluent in Finnish and English, both verbal and written
What We Offer
- Inspiring leadership and exceptional employees
- Dynamic and innovative culture
- Focus on career development with both local and international career opportunities
- Collaborative and diverse environment
For further information, please contact Nordic Life Science Leader Christine Regnell (email@example.com). Please note, that we will start interviews as soon as we find suitable candidates.
Join us today – For the better!
30.4.2022 | Avoimet työpaikat
PerkinElmer is a drug free employer and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.
About the job
We at the University of Oulu work as part of the international science community to produce new scientific information and science-based solutions. We are committed to educate future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world. Creating new, taking responsibility and succeeding together are values that build a strong foundation for all our actions. We offer a working environment where individuals can cultivate their skills, do meaningful work, and develop professionally. Our university’s several specialized research and service units enable extensive and diverse development and career opportunities for experts in various fields. More information: We are building the future with science!
We are now looking for a highly motivated
Postdoctoral researcher to join the research group of Associate Professor Eija Pirinen in a project aiming to understand mitochondrial dysfunction in obesity and develop novel mitochondria activating therapy options.
The position is a full-time fixed-term postdoctoral researcher position in the research group of Eija Pirinen, at the Internal Medicine Research Unit, the Faculty of Medicine. The research of the Pirinen lab aims to understand mechanisms behind mitochondrial dysfunction in obesity and to develop novel treatment options to boost mitochondrial function and promote weight loss success in obesity.
Open position is part of the project that uses the Pirinen lab recently established 3D cell culture model of human adipocytes to study mitochondrial metabolism in obesity and after different types of weight loss interventions and to screen mitochondria activating compounds. Both patient derived material (tissues, blood and cells) and commercial preadipocytes are used in these studies. The position is a full-time fixed-term position with the current funding available for a period of 2.5 years.
The research project is carried out under Fibrobesity programme funded by the Academy of Finland, targeting obesity-related fibrotic pathologies.
The successful candidate for the postdoctoral researcher position must possess a doctoral degree completed not more than five years ago in the field of life sciences such as molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related fields. Prior experience in energy and mitochondrial metabolism, exercise physiology and cell culture experiments is considered as an advantage. You should be able to work independently as well as in a group with a drive to excel in research. Fluency in both written and spoken English is required. Most importantly, we expect you to have a high motivation to conduct high-level obesity and mitochondrial metabolism related research.
What We Offer
We offer a research environment with excellent technological facilities and a motivating and supporting international community at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Oulu. We can also offer access to state-of-the-art methods and facilities located at Oulu, Finland as well as across Europe for doing cutting edge research in obesity and mitochondrial metabolism. We offer you a place in a highly talented research group, working to solve globally significant research problems. University´s wide variety of support services are at your disposal, allowing you to focus on research work.
The salary will be based on the demand level 5 of the salary system of Finnish Universities for teaching and research personnel. In addition, a salary component based on personal work performance will be paid (maximum of 50% of the job-specific component). Typical starting gross salary will be approx. 3400-3600€ per month, depending on qualifications. The position is fixed-term for 2.5 years starting at 1.7.2022 or according to the agreement. A trial period of 6 months is applied in the position.
How To Apply
Applications, together with all relevant enclosures, should be submitted using the electronic application form by April 30, 2021 (23:59 Finnish local time). The application should be written in English and include the following:
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page) summarizing applicant’s educational background, professional experience and expertise and describing why applicant is interested in this position. Also, information on personal research interests, experience and career plans are valuable to provide here.
- A complete Curriculum vitae (max. 4 pages) including a list of publications and contact information of at least two referees who may be asked to give a statement on the candidate.
- Certificates/Diplomas: Scanned copy of the original doctoral degree certificate and transcript of records and, when necessary, official translations to Finnish or English.
Only applications containing all relevant appendices and submitted through the online recruitment system will be considered. Top candidates will be invited to an on-site or remote interview. All applicants will be notified when the selection process is completed.
For further information, informal enquires can be sent to Eija Pirinen by E-mail Regarding postdoctoral researcher position”.