- Doctoral student position for Biochemistry/ Structural Biology, supervised by Lloyd Ruddock (deadline November 8, 2017)
- Doctoral student position for Endothelial Cell and Vascular Biology, supervised by Lauri Eklund (deadline November 24, 2017)
- Doctoral student position for Developmental Biology, supervised by Seppo Vainio (deadline November 23, 2017)
Tällä sivulla ilmoitetaan yhdistyksen tapahtumista sekä muista ajankohtaisista asioista.
Two postdoctoral positions in bioinformatics as related to metabolomics are open at Örebro University, Sweden17.10.2017 | Ajankohtaista
ROAL Oy is a joint venture of Associated British Foods PLC (UK) and Altia Corporation and it is a leading company in the enzymes business worldwide. We are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and industrial enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. Our factory in Finland is located in Rajamäki, Nurmijärvi. We currently employ approximately 160 enzyme professionals in different fields. More information about us: www.roal.fi
We are now looking for a highly motivated
If your application is successful, you will be joining us at an exciting time. Due to our fantastic growth in recent years, we are now working to ensure that we can sustain this growth. The purpose of your job is to strengthen microbial technology capabilities in R & D, and also generally within the company and particularly through close cooperation with manufacturing. You will be responsible for the company’s microbial strain maintenance, including microbe collections and safety and patent deposits, as well as any handling, detection, processes and documentation related to the company’s proprietary strains. Your work includes planning, executing, analyzing and reporting to the line manager, other scientists and other stakeholders in the company.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide microbial capabilities for R & D and for the company, e.g., to participate in developing and optimizing industrial processes (cultivation, recovery and formulation);
- identify production strains;
- detect and characterize contaminants;
- maintain microbe collections and safety and patent deposits;
- maintain, develop and describe R & D methods and protocols;
- maintain, develop and describe the company’s microbial processes;
- facilitate ideation and manage projects;
- cooperate with other functions within R & D and the entire organization;
- communicate effectively with line managers and colleagues; and
- follow and adopt relevant trends in current technology.
Your required qualifications and key skills:
- master’s or higher degree in microbiology (i.e., general microbiology, industrial microbiology, microbial physiology or food microbiology) or in an adjacent science (e.g., biochemistry or molecular biology) with at least a minor in microbiology;
- several years’ work experience in a related job;
- experience in microbial handling (cultivation, enrichment, isolation and identification), deposition, documentation and process set-up;
- experience in fungal and bacterial production platforms;
- familiarity with enzyme/strain registration (optional);
- familiarity with enzyme technology (optional);
- fluent written and spoken English;
- strong communication skills;
- self-motivation as well as a hands-on and strong-finisher attitude;
- results orientation and innovative thinking;
- proven experience in project management and/or project work;
- proactive problem solving;
- good interaction and the ability to lead and/or work in a team; and
- the willingness to expand your scientific knowledge.
We offer you a challenging and multifaceted employment opportunity with long-term perspective in a fast-growing leading company in the enzyme industry. Our international working environment will offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself personally and professionally. You will find a progressive team-oriented management which supports you through open communication and accessibility. Do we have your attention?
For more information, please contact POMONA Consulting consultant Juha-Pekka Airo by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on Tue Oct 17 at 12-15 or Mon Oct 23 at 13-15 tel. +358 (0)400 226 432. Please fill out the application form and attach your CV with expected salary at www.roal.fi/henkilosto/rekrytointi by 25th October, 2017.
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. To meet the challenges imposed by our rapid growth, we are looking for new Geneticists to join our Clinical Interpretation Team. We are a team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds who share the passion for helping patients and families suffering from inherited disorders. Our constantly evolving diagnostic portfolio currently includes over 400 tests that cover a wide variety of clinical specialties and diagnostic approaches, including Whole Exome Sequencing. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers. If you have the ambition to be among the pioneers of the molecular era of medicine, you might be the person we are looking for.
The position involves interpretation and reporting of findings from our clinical molecular genetic tests, including panel-based tests, targeted family member tests and others. Our Geneticists also participate in the development and validation of products and applications in a project team environment. Those interested get to collaborate with our Software Engineers and Data Scientists with the development of our proprietary software tools that enable us to interpret identified variants efficiently by utilizing artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Clinical Laboratory Geneticist degree; or
- Board certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics / Laboratory Genetics and Genomics; or
- Ph.D. in Genetics.
Experience and skills:
- Experience in interpreting and reporting genetic test results in a clinical setting utilizing NGS, Sanger sequencing and other methods.
- Knowledge of current genomic information and variant databases is essential.
- Experience in working under certified and accredited quality management systems is an asset.
- Fluent skills in oral and written English are a necessity.
- Great attention to detail
- Critical thinking when reviewing scientific literature
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Excellent follow-through abilities
- Fitting the immediate, low-hierarchy and positive Blueprint culture
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you get to be a valued part of our global and multidisciplinary team of people who want to make a difference. You will be working daily to bring your expertise from base pairs to bedside for improved patient outcomes. We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment where you can learn and grow together with a unique company and great colleagues. You get to use everything you have learned in an environment that is unlike anything you have experienced before.
Inquiries about the position can be sent to Clinical Interpretation Team Leader Dr. Eveliina Salminen at eveliina.salminen[at]blueprintgenetics.com
Targovax is seeking a scientistto join the Clinical Science Department who will support the company’s research programs and be the expert on biosafety either by bringing existing biosafety expertise or to be trained as such.
The person will be the responsible BioSafety Officer and will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for all documentation regarding biological safety
- Responsible for sample storage and shipment (pre- and clinical samples)
- Responsible for shedding analysis of the viral product platform
- Participate in various R&D programs
- Facilitate and maintain collaborations with external scientific community
- Collaborate and support other departments in the company
- Participate in further building and strengthening the clinical science function
The work will be regulated by:
- The European Medicine Agency EMA) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements and guidance
- Biosafety regulations
- ICH-GCP, GMP and GDP
- Internal working practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- MSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy or equivalent
- Experience in molecular and/or immunology biology techniques
- Experiencein working with viruses (e.g. design and cloning, in vitro studies, animal cancer models)would be an advantage
- Previous experience working with biological safetywould be an advantage
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP
- Able to work independently, while at the same time enjoy teamwork
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken English
- Flexible in regard to working hours and travels
The position will be located in Targovax’s office in Helsinki, Finland.
Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM) is now seeking new outstanding international candidates for a Group Leader position with start-up package in Systems medicine12.10.2017 | Ajankohtaista
Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM) is now seeking new outstanding international candidates for a Group Leader position with start-up package in Precision Medicine12.10.2017 | Ajankohtaista
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM) was established in 2008 and is the Norwegian node in the Nordic EMBL Partnership for Molecular Medicine. NCMM is a joint venture between the University of Oslo, Health Region South-East and the Research Council of Norway. From 2017 NCMM is merged with the Biotechnology Centre of Oslo and now has altogether 11 research groups. The overall objective of NCMM is to conduct cutting edge research in molecular medicine and biotechnology as well as facilitate translation of discoveries in basic medical research into clinical practice.
NCMM is now seeking new outstanding international candidates for a Group Leader position with start-up package in Precision Medicine
NCMM Translational Research expects to hire one new principal investigator through this call, and we particularly encourage international applicants. The successful candidate is expected to initiate a new independent research program with a clear relevance to molecular medicine and disease mechanisms with approaches to individualized diagnostics and therapy. The research should consolidate existing research within the Centre (see web-site). NCMM plans for all group leaders at NCMM Translational Research to have adjunct appointments in university hospital departments to facilitate translation and clinical collaboration. Furthermore, we expect multi-disciplinary research collaborations with other NCMM research groups and NCMM Associate Investigators, with the internationally recognized biomedical and medical research environment in Oslo as well as with other top Norwegian scientists and within the Nordic EMBL Partnership.
More information and application at www.jobbnorge.no/ledige-stillinger/stilling/141940/group-leader-position-with-start-up-package-in-precision-medicine
QIAGEN is one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. With our sample to insight solutions that unlock valuable molecular information from biological samples, QIAGEN helps to improve healthcare and safeguard our societies, enables the development of new medicines and paves the way for scientific breakthroughs.
Join the revolution – and see how you can make a difference.Senior Field Application Scientist (m/f)
Job ID #: 7726
Functional Area: Sales
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Hilden (near Duesseldorf), Germany
This is a unique opportunity to join the QIAGEN Bioinformatics team responsible for commercialising QIAGEN’s bioinformatics products. The Field Application Scientist (FAS) position allows you to interact with a wide range of researchers across different scientific disciplines to promote software applications and services that provide superior NGS and Genomic data analysis and biological interpretation, and to provide product and scientific advice to key accounts.The FAS is responsible for working closely with key accounts and early access customers, delivering scientific software demonstrations for groups of various sizes, conduct software evaluations and product training, and other activities to help potential customers understand the value of QIAGEN’s bioinformatics applications and services.The scientist will work strategically with Sales as well as with Marketing, Customer Support, and the extended EMEA and global Field Application Scientist teams to support customers in the pharmaceutical, biotech, governmental, and academic sectors.This is a field-based role, ideally based in Southern Germany or the DACH region. Candidates should be prepared to experience periods of up to 60% travel, although average annual levels will be less.
– Ph.D. or equivalent experience in bioinformatics, molecular biology or genetics-related fields of study stressing data analysis and biological interpretation of Next Generation Sequencing data, ideally using the CLC Genomics or Biomedical Genomics Workbench.
– Ability to travel between 30-60% of the time, including overnight stays.
We look forward to hearing from you!