A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 53,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: We are looking for a skilled future colleague to manage our therapeutic area medical activities in oncology. You will be responsible to develop and contribute to local medical/study strategy and overall tactics in close collaboration with Head of Medical Affairs in Finland. You will provide medical expertise and education on oncology products and related launches and will ensure optimal positioning of existing products by participating and making active contributions. You will be responsible to establish and maintain the scientific image and reputation of the company within this key binding role between science and business. You will establish and actively manage scientific relations with key customers, for example oncologists, pathologists, surgeons and nurses. This role focuses on internal and external activities, and will be 50% field-based.
Who you are
- You have a University degree preferably in life sciences (MSc, PhD, Pharm.D. M.D.), advanced degree preferred
- Scientific/clinical knowledge in oncology is considered as an asset
- The position requires professional experience of at least 2 years. Prior industry experience and knowledge of medical affairs, regulatory, safety or clinical operations is considered an asset
- You are a positive team player, self-driven and have excellent collaboration and communication skills
- You have an ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with a results-driven attitude
- You are fluent in Finnish and English
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com