For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
STUDY DIRECTOR IN VIVO
We are looking for scientist with proven track of experience in in vivo neuroscience to join Charles River Discovery Research Service site located in Kuopio, Finland.The position require an expertise in in vivo pharmacological studies in CNS area that enable to discuss and conclude in vivo data from efficacy studies in injury triggered animal models CNS diseases for example ischemia models, TBI, SCI, etc.
In this position you are responsible to lead Client projects in CNS drug discovery field. The Study Director will ensure the scientific excellence of study design, execution, data analysis and reporting. The Study Director will lead execution of the projects working closely with the team. The responsibilities of this position include communication with the Clients in all phases of the projects. The position require an expertise in in vivo animal models of CNS diseases, as well as capabilities to set up and develop new techniques and models in R&D projects. The Study Director will provide scientific input and assist in preparation of marketing materials.
- Higher education degree in biological science (MSc, MD), preferably PhD degree
- At least 2-3 years of experience with CNS in vivo work, including proven track of independent project execution and project management
- Knowledge and practical experience in conducting studies in animal models of ischemia and/or traumatic brain injury and/or spinal cord injury is required, conducting efficacy studies experience will be an asset
- Understanding and practical experience with in vivo pharmacology studies in CNS area including both genetically modified animal models and surgically/chemically induced models and related behavioral assays
- Understanding of scientific studies experimental design, underlining scientific principles, and ability to analyze data and interpret results
- Ability to quickly adapt to challenging research environment and to effectively utilize knowledge and experience in various scientific projects
- Fluent English oral and written, scientific writing ability, excellent communication skills, interpersonal, and teamwork abilities
- Good problemsolving skills, ability to coordinate and prioritize
- Pharmaceutical industry, Preclinical Contract Research Organization or academic post-doctoral experience will be an asset
- Proven track of people management, ability to mentor and train staff will be as asset
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.