A post-doctoral position in the collaborative Academy of Finland -funded crossbar project7.1.2022
A POST-DOCTORAL POSITION
is available in the collaborative Academy of Finland -funded CrossBar project at the Universities of Helsinki and Turku, and the National Institute of Health and Welfare (THL). The project PI’s are Associate Professor Tarja Sironen (UH), Adjunct Professor Laura Kakkola (UT) and Research Manager, PhD, Pamela Österlund (THL). The position is offered for a fixed-term position for 3 years (approximately one year in each of the partner institutes).
We seek for a highly motivated and experienced postdoctoral researcher in the field of virology, microbiology, immunology or molecular cell biology to join our international and dynamic consortium. The job description is to plan and execute research on zoonotic viruses with pandemic potential.
The successful candidate:
- Has strong organizational skills, is solution-oriented and has the ability to analytical thinking
- Has a PhD degree in a relevant field of life sciences and preferably background in virology
- Has excellent skills in experimental laboratory work and ability to independently plan and execute the experiments
- Has previous experience in working in BSL-3 conditions or is willing to be trained for work in such conditions Is a team player with good collaboration and communications skills
- Has good spoken and written English
The degree requirement must be met by the beginning of the employment.The salary is based on the Finnish collective agreement. The position belongs to the category of teaching and research personnel. The salary is in the range of 3100 – 3600 eur/month.The salary level is based on previous qualifications, experience and personal performance in the position according to the hosting institution. The start date is negotiable, and there is a trial period of six months.
The application, together with the required attachments in PDF format (CV, list of publications), must be written in English and submitted through the University of Helsinki electronic recruitment system by clicking on Apply for job. Internal applicants (i.e., current employees of the University of Helsinki) must submit their applications through the SAP HR portal.
A special health examination of the suitability to work in the high containment laboratory is required for the person selected to the position. Also, the selected person, with his or her consent, will be asked for PSC (Personnel Security Clearance) assurance through the National Security Authorities (NSA).
The University of Helsinki welcomes applicants from a variety of genders, linguistic and cultural backgrounds, and minorities.
The deadline for the applications is 15.1.2022.
Further information will be given by email of by phone:
- Tarja Sironen, tarja.sironen(at)helsinki.fi, +358-50-4471588
- Laura Kakkola, laura.kakkola(at)utu.fi, +358-50-5747101
- Pamela Österlund, pamela.osterlund(at)thl.fi, +358-295248351