Account Manager, Food Microbiology – Thermo Fisher Scientific Finland20.3.2022
About the job
We are looking for an ambitious Account Manager to join our Food Microbiology sales team. As Account Manager, you will sell our Microbiology portfolio to local accounts within the Food and Water testing segments, promoting the Microbiology value proposition to customers in advancing Food Microbiology through innovation.
You will develop a robust business plan for your territory, focussed on meeting or exceeding your sales targets through driving profitable growth. Our innovative product introductions planned for 2022 and beyond will deliver solution-based workflows to our customers and, as such, you will be responsible for developing an aligned strategy for the territory with vertical teams, functions and divisions in Thermo Fisher Scientific.
This is a field-based sales position with a territory covering all of Finland and Sweden. Regular travel on a weekly basis within your territory will be required – on average 3 to 4 days per week, with some overnight stays. When not travelling, you will be able to work from home. You must live in either Finland or Sweden, within commuting distance of an international airport.
This role sits within our Microbiology Division (MBD) where we are focused on one thing: empowering the people who dedicate their lives to Microbiology. All of our customers deserve uncompromised quality and impeccable service, and they need a partner with the drive to accelerate innovation, enhance productivity and help shape the future. This is what we promise and what we strive to deliver. From the gold standard in culture media that laboratories have relied on for decades, to the game changing innovations of tomorrow, to supply chain optimization, we want to help laboratories work smarter, enabling microbiologists to focus on what truly matters – timely accurate diagnostics. When that happens outcomes improve, and our customers can make the world healthier cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
- Sell Thermo Fisher’s Microbiology portfolio to customers within the Food & Water testing segments, ensuring customers understand the Thermo Fisher Scientific value proposition
- Identify new business opportunities and new customers within your territory and support the channel (Fisher Scientific) to promote and sell Microbiology products
- Maintain and develop strategic relationships, enhancing business with national accounts to advance access and opportunities
- Implement preferred provider relationships and strategic partnerships to demonstrate the product portfolio
- Account Management Planning:
- Conduct analysis of industry trends and customer applications to assess the potential demands that clients may have within Pharma/Biotech space
- Develop short-, medium- and long-term strategies that result in improving the opportunities to increase the sales pipeline
- Lead contractual processes, including Confidentiality agreements, Preferred provider / Master Services agreements / pricing agreements and resolve commercial issues / negotiations
- Provide account status reports on a regular basis, working via Salesforce.com
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or similar
- Previous sales experience in any industry, although Life Science industry preferred
- We will also consider candidates without sales experience, but with strong lab-based experience looking to move into a sales role
- Fluent English and fluent in either Finnish or Swedish (essential)
- Valid driving licence
- Willing to travel within territory 3 to 4 days per week and lives within commuting distance of an international airport
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus sales bonus, plus company car
- Full benefits package (specifics depend on country of hire)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.