Blueprint Genetics is looking for a Geneticist (Clinical Interpretation, Helsinki)9.4.2019
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. To meet the challenges imposed by our rapid growth, we are looking for new Geneticists to join our Clinical Interpretation Team. We are a team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds who share the passion for helping patients and families suffering from inherited disorders. Our constantly evolving diagnostic portfolio currently includes over 200 tests that cover a wide variety of clinical specialties and diagnostic approaches, including Whole Exome Sequencing. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers. If you have the ambition to be among the pioneers of the molecular era of medicine, you might be the person we are looking for.
The position involves interpretation and reporting of findings from our clinical molecular genetic tests, including panel-based tests, Whole Exome Sequencing and targeted variant tests. Our Geneticists also participate in the development and validation of products and applications in a project team environment. Those interested get to collaborate with our Software Engineers and Data Scientists with the development of our proprietary software tools that enable us to interpret identified variants efficiently by utilizing artificial intelligence and machine learning.
The ideal candidate has:
- Clinical Laboratory Geneticist degree or Board certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics / Laboratory Genetics and Genomics or Ph.D. in Genetics.
- Experience in interpreting and reporting genetic test results in a clinical setting utilizing NGS, Sanger sequencing and other methods is an asset, but similar research experience is valued as well.
- Knowledge of current genomic information and variant databases is essential
- Fluent skills in oral and written English are a necessity
- Great attention to detail
- Critical thinking when reviewing scientific literature
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Excellent follow-through abilities
- Experience in working under certified and accredited quality management systems is an asset.
- Fitting the immediate, low-hierarchy and positive Blueprint culture
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you get to be a valued part of our global and multidisciplinary team of people who want to make a difference. You will be working daily to bring your expertise from base pairs to bedside for improved patient outcomes. We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment where you can learn and grow together with a unique company and great colleagues. You get to use everything you have learned in an environment that is unlike anything you have experienced before.
The position is permanent full-time position.
More information and application at https://careers.blueprintgenetics.com/jobs/212558-geneticist