Digital Sales Representative, Chromatography and Mass Spec – Thermo Fisher Scientific27.3.2022
About the job
Business Title: Digital Sales Representative
Group/Division: Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD)
Position Location: Finland or Sweden( Remote/Office-based)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
In this newly created position, and as part of a multicultural, Northern European commercial team. You will be supporting the sale of Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry products and services. Selling through collaboration and supporting both new and existing customers.
You can choose to work at home, remotely or within one of our local commercial offices and will be supported throughout the sales process by experienced technical sales specialists and application and demonstration teams.
It will be your job to fully understand our customers business needs and help them to achieve their goals.
Increasingly our customers are moving their decision-making processes online and into a virtual environment. We provide the latest technologies to give the very best digital & interactive experience to our customers.
- Handle relationships to ensure continued business and an excellent customer experience
- Engage with the customers through digital communication tools. Able to meet customers if you think required.
- Sell consultatively via phone, email, online chats, and other available online communication tools.
Plan and Prioritise
- Identify & qualify opportunities through self-prospecting or marketing leads.
- Apply reports, data and metrics to develop and report on account development.
- Enter accurate information into the company systems
- Maintain awareness of competitor and industry activity and trends
- Achieve your sales target
- Uses sales tools to successfully handle the accounts, leads, opportunities, pipelines and forecast
- Seek out new accounts by digital networking and phone prospecting.
Coordinate with teams
- Collaborates and coordinates with (technical) sales-/ field application-/ lab application/ and service specialists (as well as any other internal partner) to provide technical expertise
- Attends and provides presentations, when required; and always represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at customer locations in a positive manner
- Uses internal and external resources to meet customer needs
What will you need?
- Consistent track record of scientific sales, ideally within the chromatography and mass spec industry
- Bachelor’s degree in science or equivalent work experience required
- Proficiency in English and Swedish or Finnish
- Ability to travel to customer locations up to 30% including overnight travel
What’s in it for you?
- Employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization
- Progression and development opportunities
- Excellent basic salary plus performance bonus!
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Leading company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Other, country-specific benefits
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any our application process, click here (https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility) for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.