In vivo Specialist – KCT Kuopio Center for Gene and Cell Therapy, Kuopio, Finland9.1.2019
In vivo Specialist
Kuopio Center for Gene and Cell Therapy (KCT) is a world-renowned research institute located in Kuopio, Finland. Our mission is to conduct high-level research on basic and translational fields of gene- and cell therapy. The centre’s niche is in the interface between academic, basic research and the commercial biotechnology industry. KCT provides an exciting environment for applied research, discovering, establishing and developing them through Phase I clinical trials and utilizing some of the most advanced analytical and mechanistic proof-of-principle approaches in the sector.
Now we are seeking for an efficient manager to coordinate our in vivo studies to support the development of investigational gene- and cell therapies. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing of animal studies including pathology, histology and molecular analytics. The candidate must have a strong in vivo pharmacology experience. This person will work closely together with internal project teams and external collaborators and therefore have excellent communication skills.
- Design and manage in vivo experiments for gene- and cell therapy pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetic and efficacy studies.
- Follow the field of experimental animal science and applicable technologies
- Work in close collaboration with research teams and animal facility personnel.
- Analyze data, interpret results and design subsequent studies.
- Present and document research plans, results and apply for necessary project licenses and authorizations.
- MSc with several years’ experience or PhD from applicable field
- Strong experience with in vivo animal experimental models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must be able to multitask and collaborate in multidisciplinary environment
- Strong motivation, flexibility and ability to troubleshoot
We offer young and dynamic working environment. Possibility for career development in a growing international research center. Be part of our future success!