Job opportunity (computational biologist) at the Clinical Molecular Pathology and Cytology in Solna28.1.2020
The Department of Clinical Pathology and Cytology in Solna is increasing the use of NGS-based analysis. We are therefore looking for a new member of the Clinical Molecular Pathology lab in Solna with knowledge and experience in bioinformatics (computational biologist). The job will focus on establishing and conducting routine diagnostic analyses on clinical material. Tasks will initially focus on analyzing genomic variants in a team setting, but may be expanded to other NGS methods as well. There will be a close collaboration with the Clinical Genomics part of SciLifelab. The job is of indefinite duration (tillsvidareanställning), full time.
More information or have questions regarding this position, please contact the lab manager Semra Öz Baloglu email@example.com, preferably within two weeks.
Significant experience / qualifications:
- Practical experience of bioinformatics
- General knowledge in bioinformatics
- Good social skills
- Proficient in English and at least intermediate in Swedish (oral and written)
- Experience working with IGV (integrated genome viewer)
- Some wet-lab experience, including DNA/RNA extraction and PCR