Key account manager, haematology-oncology (Remote – Nordics)22.4.2022
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases – often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter.
Are you experienced in sales within the life science industry and looking for a Nordic opportunity within hematology/oncology? Do you want to play a key role allowing you to have a positive impact on the lives of patients and their families by taking part in our exiting pursuit as we build our Nordic organisation and strive to serve many more patients with rare diseases in the Nordics?
We are looking for a self-driven, scientific, and digitally savvy person taking the lead for the Nordics within haematology/oncology as we are looking to expand our footprint in the Nordics.
The Jazz Commercial Ambition is to be the #1 partner of all HCPs involved with Jazz, be trusted, and recognized for our empathy, agility and relevance of action. Our KAMs play a pivotal role in fulfilling our commercial ambition. As such, the Jazz Vision for our KAMs is to be a cornerstone of Jazz interactions in-field and to be accountable for the definition and coordination of personalised, targeted, multichannel HCP engagement strategies to maximize outcomes for HCPs and patients along with the commercial development of our Jazz portfolio
The role of the Nordic Key Account Manager (KAM) is to maximise the full sales potential of the Haematology/Oncology (H/O) product portfolio in the Nordics, achieving sales and related performance targets (as defined by the management team). This will be achieved through coordination and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate patients have access to Jazz Pharmaceuticals H/O products. Developing professional working partnerships with relevant stakeholders to positively influence sales potential, future guidelines, funding, positioning of products and ensure effective implementation of peer to peer/advocacy programs.
The Nordic KAM will take full accountability for the preparation and execution of strong territory business and key account management plans as agreed with the management team, fully utilizing agreed processes and procedures.
- Deliver sales and related objectives against targets
- Develop a partnership relationship with KOLs and stakeholders by being an expert in the Jazz Pharmaceuticals products and relevant disease areas as well as local/regional and national healthcare policy as appropriate
- Build customer networks that enable the rapid identification, diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Collaborate with market access on local and national reimbursement
- In close cooperation with the H/O Brand Manager; medical affairs and your manager develop, implement, and review cross-functional country and key account business plans for H/O Nordics which are aligned with the Nordic strategy and the H/O brand strategy plans. The plans are to be endorsed by the GM and the H/O Brand Manager.
- Monitor and evaluate performance against business plan and deliver within agreed matrix of activity (effective account call coverage and frequency) and budget (appropriate use of promotional spend) as agreed with the manager
- Work with medical, market access and marketing to enable customer access to Jazz Pharmaceuticals support programmes e.g., educational events, relevant symposia, peer to peer programmes
- Identify and capture opportunities for business growth e.g., key account potential, new projects or added value services
- Profiling (and regular updating of) key customers and accounts into currently available CRM system
- Accurate and timely reporting of customer and business records, through CRM system, using agreed performance measures
- Willingness and ability to assist with ad hoc business projects as defined and directed by the GM and/or the manager
- Behave ethically, responsibly, and professionally in accordance with Jazz Pharmaceuticals values and Nordic codes of practices
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous knowledge and experience of disease area essential
- Previous speciality pharmaceutical sales experience ideally with a proven track record in H/O or orphan disease area in at least one of the Nordic countries. Preferably outside of Denmark.
- Genuine interest in working across borders and with Nordic HCPs
- Experience in working cross-functionally; self-starter with a strong sense of personal accountability as well as the ability to work in a cross-functional team in a dynamic environment.
- Efficient and skilled in working digitally with customer engagement
- Proven track record in negotiating and influencing within a healthcare setting to deliver agreed and measurable objectives
- Effective and persuasive communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to access funding for new and existing drugs, with a demonstrable understanding of funding processes
- Advanced account management skills that demonstrate business acumen and an innovative approach to projects and solutions that bring added value to Jazz Pharmaceuticals and other stakeholders
- Experience in working with appropriate partners on joint projects that deliver benefits to all stakeholders, in particular patients
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fully valid driving license
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (In English and one of the Scandinavian languages)
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
- The size of the Nordics will necessitate appropriate management of travel requirements to ensure coverage of customers.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.