Manager, EMEA Remote Support (Remote – Europe) – Bionano Genomics, Inc.13.3.2022
About the job
At Bionano Genomics®, we are committed to unlocking understanding of genome biology to advance the promise of genomics in areas including cancer and human disease, agricultural bioengineering and genome discovery. Our optical genome mapping and analysis tools help researchers see true genome structure to fill in what’s missing from sequencing-based data.
At Bionano, we are invested in the success of our customers and users around the world, and are dedicated to supporting them with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their goals and make a real impact on improving quality of life for all.
The Manager, EMEA Remote Support is a leadership position within the EMEA Customer Solutions Team managing our remote team of Technical Support Scientists and Data Analysis Support Specialists located in EMEA.
This role has direct responsibility for hiring, salary, promotion and performance review, with the review and mentorship of the regional Associate Director of Customer Solutions. They are responsible in leading a team of Support personnel, developing and implementing process for exceptional customer experience, and maximizing system use and consumable pull-through.
- Interviewing, selecting, and onboarding employees.
- Directing and/or apportioning the work of employees.
- Appraising employees’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
- Handling employee complaints and grievances.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Participating in the leadership team for support, principally providing feedback on support strategies and planning.
- Keeping team members appraised of the support strategy and activities.
- Accountability for recruitment and screening of candidates for their respective roles, with additional review activities across the Global Team to ensure team consistency.
- Mentoring and guiding the on-boarding and training of new team members.
- Auditing and guiding timely data capture for reporting purposes.
- Acting as an escalation path for issues related to user’s technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments as well as customer relationship management.
- Gathering and delivering strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Supporting new and existing customers including ongoing support and troubleshooting as needed.
- Driving continuous improvement programs to solve recurring issues.
- Implementing processes and driving compliance to optimal utilization of company’s Customer Relation Management database and to ensure delivery of world class service to Bionano’s customers.
- Providing critical feedback and suggestions for product improvement.
- 5+ years lab experience in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics or genetics.
- 5+ years customer facing experience in supporting molecular biology and/or NGS products.
- Broad knowledge of genomics technologies and/or cytogenetics.
- Ability to maintain records for customer sites and provide high level feedback to management.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% (meeting team members and customers).
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding presentation and training skills.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; MS with 3 years of experience or BA/BS with 5 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered.
- 2+ years experience in a manager role, preferably managing a remote team.
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.