Open position for a Research Scientist, NDD, Orion Corporation, Turku3.5.2018
Description of position:
We are looking for an innovative, scientifically orientated and naturally collaborative person to join Orion Pharma R&D Discovery PK/PD team in Turku.
In this position you are responsible to participate in Orion Pharma R&D projects in different phases as an in vivo scientist. The position requires in-depth expertise as well as eagerness to utilize, set up and develop state-of-the-art techniques and models within the area of neurodegenerative disorders. We especially value experience on in vivo Parkinson’s disease models.
You are team and goal orientated and cope well with setbacks. You are self-guided and proactive person but in this position will always have team of professionals to work with. You will be reporting to Head of Discovery PK/PD. The position is temporary for two years.
· We offer exciting opportunities to create and have an impact to the future therapies for patients.
· We also offer you attractive career development opportunities for using your own strengths for development, highly interesting R&D pipeline and enthusiastic working environment. Appreciation of personnel and constant development are part of our core values. The culture of Orion Pharma R&D is informal and we enjoy working together.
· We are passionate about the patient welfare and are The Voice of Science and the Patient – do you share the same values?
– Ph.D. degree in relevant field of science
– In depth knowledge in NDD, especially Parkinson’s disease
– Broad understanding of drug discovery and development
– A keen understanding of experimental design, underlying scientific principles and the ability to rigorously analyze and interpret results
– Experience in small laboratory animal handling and surgery as well as Parkinson’s disease models
– Extensive networks both in academia and in pharmaceutical industry
– Excellent networking, presentation and communication skills in English with high impact
– Ability to coordinate, prioritize and get things done
– Ability to provide novel solutions, set up experimental models and ability to synthesize scientific problems into strategy
– Enthusiastic, innovative and science-oriented mindset
Additional information on the position:
Eija Aho, Head of Discovery PK/PD, R&D, tel. +358 50 966 7675
– On Monday 7th of May at 10-11
– On Wednesday 9th of May at 13-14
Please, send your application by 16th of May 2018 through our web page www.orion.fi