Postdoctoral Fellow in Computational Oncology – University of Helsinki6.9.2020
Join the Systems Biology of Drug Resistance in Cancer research group (https://www.helsinki.fi/en/researchgroups/systems-biology-of-drug-resist…) in University of Helsinki, Finland as
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW IN COMPUTATIONAL ONCOLOGY
to discover combination therapies to overcome chemotherapy resistance in ovarian cancer. We have collected one of the largest high-quality data set that consists of WGS, bulk RNA-seq, whole-genome DNA methylation, ctDNA, single-cell RNA-seq or single-cell proteomics data from >1000 samples taken from 200 patients before and after chemotherapy within pan-Europe HERCULES (https://project-hercules.eu/) project. Complete and curated clinical data offers various data mining and integration opportunities in addition to the sequencing data. Our network enables validation of computational results and as well as translation of the validated results to clinic.
• Strong methodological expertise. For example, in fields of statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or bioinformatics.
• Demonstrated track record of research experience in relevant subject areas, such as multivariate data analysis, machine learning, or mathematical modelling.
• Ability to both conduct research independently and work in collaborative multidisciplinary projects
• Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
• Basic understanding of cancer biology is considered as an advantage
• Excellent data, mentoring and infrastructure to conduct science at the highest level.
• A postdoctoral position for 3 years with a possibility for extension.
• A salary based on experience. Starting salary for a recently graduated postdoc is approx. 3500€
• an international multidisciplinary research environment with state-of-the-art facilities and computational resources
• occupational health services, flexible working hours, and excellent sports facilities, among other benefits of working for the biggest and highest ranking university in Finland
The Systems Biology of Drug Resistance in Cancer research group is part of the cross-disciplinary Systems Oncology research program (https://www.helsinki.fi/en/researchgroups/research-program-in-systems-on…) at the Faculty of Medicine in University of Helsinki, Finland. The medical center ranks at the top 10 medical campuses in Europe and among the top 50 globally.
Apply at latest on 30.9.2020. Application should include a short cover letter describing your areas of expertise and motivation, CV and list of publications. The application, together with the required attachments, must be submitted through the University of Helsinki electronic recruitment system by clicking on ’Apply for the position’ link. Internal applicants must submit their applications through the SAP HR portal.
Further information is available from the group leader, professor Sampsa Hautaniemi, sampsa.hautaniemi(at)helsinki.fi, Tel. +358 50 336 4765.
The University of Helsinki (UH), founded in 1640, is a vibrant scientific community of 40,000 students and researchers. It is one of the leading multidisciplinary research universities and ranks among the top 100 international universities in the world. It is currently investing heavily in life sciences research. UH offers comprehensive services to its employees, including occupational health care and health insurance, sports facilities, and opportunities for professional development.
Together with the Helsinki University Hospital (HUS) and the Helsinki Institute of Life Sciences (HiLIFE), the Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki, constitutes the Academic Medical Center Helsinki (AMCH). This medical center has been very successful in international comparisons, ranking among the top 10 medical campuses in Europe and among the top 50 globally.
30.09.2020 23:59 EEST