Postdoctoral Positions at the University of California, Irvine – Microbial Pathogenesis19.9.2017
University of California, Irvine
School of Medicine
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Postdoctoral Positions – Microbial Pathogenesis
Post-doctoral scholar positions (Ph.D.) funded by NIH are available immediately to study Chlamydia, the most commonly reported cause of infectious disease in the U.S. Ongoing projects are focused on 1) Developmental regulation: how this bacterium controls its temporal gene expression and conversion between two developmental forms; 2) Host-pathogen interactions (collaboration with Dr. Christine Sütterlin, Dept of Developmental and Cell Biology, UC Irvine): how this intracellular pathogen alters the centrosome, cilia and cell cycle of its infected host cell. Experience in transcriptional regulation, protein purification, cellular microbiology, cell biology or microscopy would be advantageous.
Application procedure – https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04036
Please include your CV and a cover letter that includes a synopsis of previous research experience, specific interests in the ongoing work and contact information for three references.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI’s Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information