Postdoctoral Researcher in Cancer Immunology1.11.2021
The Melanoma Immune Oncology Research Group (MIORG) as part of the Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku is seeking an enthusiastic and competent Postdoctoral Researcher to collaborate in a project related to melanoma immunobiology and immunotherapy, led by Dr Rogerio de Figueiredo. The project employs cutting-edge technologies and state-of-the-art approaches to immune profile metastatic melanoma bioresources from animal models and patient samples.
- Conduct scientific research related to metastatic melanoma immunotherapy, including cancer immunobiology, drug discovery using in vitro and in vivo assays biochemical and pharmacological assays, and data analysis.
- PhD degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. cell biology, molecular biology, biomedicine, biochemistry and immunology)
- Animal and human work experience. License for animal work is desirable.
- Competence in tissue culture methods and experience in processing human/animal samples.
- Sufficient skills with RNA isolation, quantitative RT-PCR, protein isolation and western blot and ELISA assays.
- Good experience with tissue immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry techniques.
- Experience in single cell staining for Flow Cytometry and CyTOF.
- Organization skills for inventory of consumables and protocols
- Experience with statistics and bioinformatics.
The successful candidate should show initiative and independence on the bench, possess good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The salary is based on the Finnish collective agreement. The position belongs to the category of teaching and research personnel. Thus the total salary is estimated to be in the range of 3180-3500 €/month. The salary will be defined based on the applicant’s competence and work experience.
Duration of the Contract
- The successful applicant is expected to start as soon as possible, but the starting date is negotiable.
- The position is fixed-term for max. 2 years according to the funding granted to the project. There is a possibility for extension.
- The position is subject to a six-month trial period.
What to do next
Applications must be submitted by 19 November 2021 at the latest (23.59.59 Finnish time) via the University of Turku electronic application form. Apply for the job at www.utu.fi/careers (“Fill the form”).
In your application, please include
- a motivation letter
- copies of degree certificates
- at least one recommendation letter
The top candidates will be interviewed.
For further information about the position, please contact the Group Leader, Adjunct Professor, Academy Research Fellow Rogerio de Figueiredo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In case you need help with the application process, please turn to HR Specialist Kristiina Nuutila (email@example.com), Tel. +358 503135224.