POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER – The research group of Prof. Kirsi Pietiläinen at the Obesity Research Unit, University of Helsinki15.8.2019
The research group of Prof. Kirsi Pietiläinen at the Obesity Research Unit, University of Helsinki, located at Biomedicum Helsinki, is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist.
The translational lab Pietiläinen is focused on global metabolic profiling of obesity by systems biology methods, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics and epigenomics, especially concentrating on mitochondrial function in obesity in adipose tissue and muscle. The clinical studies and sample collections include twin studies and weight loss interventions. The group is part of the Center of Excellence for Research on Mitochondria, Metabolism and Disease (FinMIT) http://www.fin-mit.fi/en/ .
Pietiläinen group invites applications for a position of
beginning from 1.10.2019 till 31.12.2020.
· developing an advanced computational framework for comprehensive multiomics (transcriptomics, metabolomics, proteomics, lipidomics, microbiota), multitissue (adipose tissue, muscle, serum, urine, faeces, saliva) analyses
· designing single cell RNA sequencing analytics
· exploiting innovative concepts for data visualization
· developing machine learning methods, especially for predicting longitudinal models
· active participation in research projects
· writing of manuscripts and project proposals
· participation in mentoring of students
· PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or a related Life Science discipline (with strong background in Bioinformatics)
· advanced programming skills
· strong background in statistical methods
· experience in the analysis of large-scale omics data
· excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
· strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build scientific relationships.
· highly self-motivated and enthusiastic for cross-scaling omics research
· an interdisciplinary and supportive team
· a lab with excellent multiomics, multitissue human materials
· innovative projects in mitochondrial metabolism and obesity
· an excellent scientific environment in an international research community
Your application should include a CV, publication list, motivation letter and contact details for referees (referee letters are considered a surplus).
Salary will be based on the Universities salary scheme for teaching and research personnel composed of both task specific (demand level 5) and personal performance components. Trial period will be applied.
Please submit your application to professor Kirsi Pietiläinen: email@example.com , tel. +358505992295 by 30.8.2019.