Principal Scientist, Genetics – Novo Nordisk, Måløv, DK5.6.2019
Bioinformatics and Data Mining, Global Research Technologies
Denmark – Måløv
Do you like working on the intersection between biology and data, and drive the use of genetics for drug discovery? Then this job might be right for you. We are looking for a scientist with deep expertise in using human genetics, experience for drug discovery, strong leadership skills, and the ability to lead our representation in key external partnerships and consortia to support our drug discovery pipeline.
About The Department
The Department of Bioinformatics and Data Mining combines strong computational skills with biological insights through the integrative analysis of internal and external biomedical data. Our analytical expertise spans a wide range of areas, from genetics, sequence analysis, many different omics, pathway analysis, to text-mining. We contribute to all aspects of pre-clinical research projects at Novo Nordisk, where we act as data-driven experts and participate in external collaborations with academic and biotech partners. Our work results in real impacts on new medicines for highly important diseases of unmet medical need.
Your main responsibility will be to work closely with our scientists in Global Research to drive the application of human genetics in drug discovery to positively impact the success of our R&D pipeline. As such you will have extensive expertise in human genetics, especially in the context of drug discovery. This will allow you to define strategies for acquisition and analysis of relevant human genetic and genomic data, as well as interpretation and communication of results.
- Ph.D. in statistical genetics, genetic epidemiology, statistical bioinformatics, or a related field, with a minimum of 5 years post-PhD experience
- Deep experience in analyses of human genetic and phenotypic data, interpretation of genetic associations, and use of functional annotation to identify drug targets and disease mechanisms
- Proficiency in at least one general purpose programming language suitable for statistical genetic analyses (e.g. R or Python)
- Demonstrated skills in leading multidisciplinary teams to find creative ways to address scientific questions in drug discovery
- Strong record of achievement as reflected in peer-reviewed publications
For further information, please contact Martijn van de Bunt +45 30 75 02 64
June 9th 2019
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronical diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.