Product Manager, Animal Health Swine Portfolio – Thermo Fisher Scientific, Finland1.5.2019
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 67,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Instrument and Enterprise Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Product Manager, Animal Health Swine Portfolio
Location: Europe, EMEA – remote
A driven Product Manager who will manage a portfolio of on-market swine diagnostic products, seek a deep understanding of customer needs, and assist in developing the animal health roadmap. S/He will serve as product champion and be responsible for life cycle management, training, and support.
- Manage the assigned on-market swine product portfolio and the overall product life cycle including determining discontinuation and/or product refresh.
- Define product line strategy based on customer needs, market research and business unit goals
- Understand customer needs then translate them to product specifications that can be leveraged in an effective go-to-market strategy.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and growth goals are achieved
- Forecast sales, guide worldwide pricing, and work with market development on product demand generation strategies
- Contribute to fiscal planning and budgeting as it relates to growth and evolution of the product portfolio
- Provide ongoing product Sales training and customer support.
- Work as part of a dynamic team of R&D, program management, marketing, technical, and business development professionals to execute our common mission
- Serve as a key liaison between internal customers (Sales, R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing, etc) and external customers (end users, suppliers, etc).
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
*Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) in a scientific discipline (molecular biology, genetics or biochemistry preferred).
- At least five years of relevant experience in product management and/or strategic marketing.
- Understanding of production animal industry
- Willing to travel and work with global teams
- Proficient in understanding, analyzing and summarizing comprehensive and complex technical, financial, market and research information/data.
- Strong communication skills
- Very good English skills
- Understanding of product management and marketing.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Ability to travel globally 30-40% of time
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- MBA a plus but not required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.