Product Marketing Manager – Structural Cell Biology20.7.2021
You will be a part of the Life Science Business Unit (LSBU) within Material and Structure Analysis Division (MSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The LSBU provides high-value Electron Microscopy workflow solutions for high resolution biological imaging, ranging from atomic resolution imaging of protein complexes to volume acquisition of cellular compartment structures.
You will lead and drive product marketing for Structural Physiology. This segmented aims to attract cell biologists with a portfolio ranging from Large volume analysis to the powerful context of Cryo Tomography on whole cells and tissues. You will oversee product development (PMP) execution for products in Life Sciences from a marketing perspective interacting with the Product Development Team. Furthermore, you will contribute to building and executing a strong portfolio roadmap, built on market-focused strategy, deep understanding of product life cycles, and a broad business insight.
What will you do?
- Work with other product managers and marketing managers to establish market requirement documents for structural physiology;
- Develop value proposition, messaging and go-to-market strategies that resonate with the structural physiology segment, based on deep insight in and organizing around customers’ key scientific questions. Define innovative and creative ways to approach new market segments.
- Build external networks e.g. in the context of collaborations: establish and manage technical collaborations with (KOL) customers, track milestones and report out on progress;
- Build internal networks especially with R&D, NanoPort & field applications, marketing teams;
- Drive improvement in product development processes and execution, identify and resolve roadblocks, apply PPI to monitor and continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of strategy execution;
- Provide support to sales and business development teams, support field escalations through coordinating technical expertise, providing an effective interface with R&D and engaging in technical and scientific discussions with customers.
Who We Are Looking For
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically, a university degree is required, and a PhD/MBA or other advanced degree is preferred, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills;
- Typically requires at least 5 years of experience in high-tech product management environment;
- Customer oriented, with a proven ability to build consensus and get buy-in and participation from key stakeholders; strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels and an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences; fluent in English;
- Proven ability to interact with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams; great team player who thrives in a matrixed organization, is flexible and deals well with dynamic requirements;
- Keen interest in commercial, marketing and business aspects;
- Ability to create a vision for a product, translate it into strategy and execute a value-driven roadmap;
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 30%), and in possession of a valid passport.