R&D Scientist – PerkinElmer Inc., Turku, VARS8.11.2018
R&D Scientist with Bioaffinity Assay expertise
The Turku Site, with 550 employees, represents one of PerkinElmer’s major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn- and maternal fetal health screening. As the global market leader in newborn screening, our solutions have tested over 560 million babies worldwide for life-threatening diseases.
- You will be a key member and expert of technologies related to bioaffinity assays in product development teams
- You will apply the scientific method to solve problems and to design new products that are safe and effective in their intended uses
- You will have an essential role in planning and reporting of feasibility, stability and verification studies, and process characterization and validation studies
- You will work in the lab yourself as well as direct the work of lab technicians
- You will be interacting a lot within your team and with other teams from various functions present at Turku site and other PerkinElmer sites
- Degree (MSc or PhD) in Chemistry/Biology/Biochemistry or equivalent education
- Proven expertise on bioaffinity assays (immunoassays, ligand binding assays) and especially: DELFIA, ELISA, CLIA, Upconverting label technologies
- Fluent reporting and communication skills in English and Finnish
- Proactive, resourceful, independent and a good team player in the cross-functional and international development team
- Strong background and practical working knowledge from GLP/GMP level Pharma, Biotech or Life Science industry
What we offer:
- Inspiring leadership and exceptional employees
- Dynamic and innovative culture
- Focus on career development
- Collaborative and diverse environment
This position is permanent. Please apply by November 18th, 2018.
PerkinElmer Turku Site is a drug free site and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.