Regional Sales Manager Safety and Security (remote) -Thermo Fisher Scientific22.5.2022
About the job
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for developing the sales pipeline and delivering revenue growth for the Chemical Analysis Division’s – Field and Safety Instruments Business. You will develop a geographical territory, handle and support distributors, develop key accounts and use the technical resources to develop new business opportunities within Europe and Africa.
For this position we are searching for a senior sales professional that can drive a regional sales territory as well as help develop high level relationships within the safety and security segment with for instance: Law Enforcement, First Responders and Armed Forces. The product portfolio consists of handheld chemical identification instruments and radiation detection systems. This position requires a focused, motivated individual with the ability to influence partners at multiple levels of an organization.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, Chemistry, Engineering or Biology.
- English language is required, additional languages will be an advantage
- Min 5 years of prior experience selling or 10 years industry experience overall in analytical/radiation instruments or other relevant experience in the safety and security market.
- History of success handling diverse sales territories and delivering on commercial sales targets.
- Experience working within the safety and security field and/or related governmental organizations will be helpful
- Knowledge on chemical identification instruments and/or radiation detection equipment is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Coordinating the full customer facing organization including service, order entry, customer support to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Sophisticated selling and presentation skills.
- Expected to travel 60% of time within Europe (80%) and Africa (20%)
- The role can be held remotely from anywhere in Europe.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.