Research Scientist (biotechnology knowhow) – Valio, Helsinki2.9.2021
About the job
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A RESEARCH SCIENTIST TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF VALIO PEOPLE
At Valio, people have always looked forward. As forerunners of the dairy and food industry, we make life better with our sustainably produced quality products. Plant based products are one of our focus areas. We are one of the biggest innovators in our field, and we have a warm and supporting company culture. The expertise of our employees is the key to our success, and we want to give you the best ingredients for success.
We are currently seeking a Research Scientist to fill a position in Alternative raw materials and emerging technologies- team located in Helsinki. Would you be a perfect fit to our group of ambitious individuals, setting off for the next great Valio innovation?
You will be part of the innovative team that focuses on, what we eat in the future. Our team work closely together with product development team, Oddlygood Global Ltd and factories. We work on daily problem solving in multidisciplinary teams, but also long terms research projects in collaboration with stakeholders, universities and research institutes in Finland and abroad. You will lead and participate to projects aiming to widen our understanding and creating competitive advantage in a long run and being technological support in launching of new products. Knowhow in plant-based materials is needed and in particular we are looking for a person to bring us biotechnology knowhow, participate and lead the projects related to cell factories and new type of protein ingredients (biotech proteins, mycoproteins ect.).
As we are looking two researchers to this team, don’t hesitate to apply if you miss an area mentioned – we are looking people to bring something unique to the team. Plant based products market is developing and growing fast and so does Oddlygood global. Therefore, versatility, resilience and international customer relations are important in our job.
– MSc, PhD- or appropriate degree in a relevant science area (biotechnology, chemical engineering, food science ect.)
-Experience in biotechnological protein production (gene editing, bioreactor cultivations, protein purifications, related analytics ect.)
– Experience in plant based ingredients and food applications
-Project management experience, good self-leadership skills
-Experience from food industry and processes – technological mindset
– Customer-centric and solution-oriented mindset – hat full of ideas and courage to bring those up
– Ability and willingness to travel, mainly in Finland
– Fluent spoken and written Finnish and English
We offer you:
– A position where you can show your skills in creating and developing world-class products and processes
– Innovative atmosphere where you have possibility to try your ideas
– At Valio, you can make an impact on tomorrow’s food culture
– Challenges that give you opportunities to grow every day and develop your expertise
– Inspiring work in a team with highly skilled and supportive colleagues – here you can have coffee table discussions molecular and phenomena -level (or discuss about gardening and puppies).
We all share the same passion working at Valio: together we make life better. We invest in people-centered leadership, and the development of team collaboration. We want every Valio employee to have a clear understanding of their own job and goals, and the opportunity to influence their own work and expertise.
We pay attention to, among other things, employee well-being and engagement at work and workplace safety with various metrics. You will also have access to the benefits of a large, renowned Finnish food company. It is a great honor for us that Valio has been chosen, for the eighth time in the row, as the most sustainable brand in Finland.
For more information, please call Technology Manager, Niina Valkonen, +358 50 490 1188, Friday 10th of September at 9:00-10:00 or Friday 17th of September at 13:00-14:00. She will be happy to answer any additional questions and tell you more about this opening.
Applications: We are eagerly waiting for you to join us! Please send your application, including CV, resumes and salary request, by 19.9.2021 by the application link or www.valio.fi/rekry.
Hakusanat: tutkimus, tuotekehitys, tutkija, bioteknologia, kemian tekniikka, elintarviketeknologia, elintarviketieteet