Research Scientist Immunology – Danisco Sweeteners Oy, Kirkkonummi13.6.2020
DuPont Nutrition & Bioscience is a USD 6.2 billion global business and one of the world’s largest producers of specialty ingredients, developing and manufacturing solutions for the global food & beverage, health & bioscience and pharma markets. With more than 10,000 employees, 70+ manufacturing sites and 25+ R&D centers across the world, N&B is on a mission to provide essential innovations from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients to shape industries and everyday life.
We are looking for a
SENIOR SCIENTIST/ SCIENTIST
to join our Global Health & Nutrition Science team based in Kantvik, Southern Finland.
Our team runs a global and diverse program of clinical and pre-clinical studies, targeting to document health benefits of probiotics and other bioactive food ingredients in our portfolio. We are offering you a position in a dynamic international research organization that is a world-wide leader in applied research in the area of probiotics, prebiotics, and nutrition.
Our R&D team is looking for a research professional to a Senior scientist/Scientist position for a temporary period to design and run in vitro research projects related to immunology. The projects will be related to modulating immune responses with various ingredients. Your primary duties will be:
– Designing and executing in vitro and preclinical studies against set milestones and objectives.
– Supervising and assisting the laboratory work of technicians
– Reporting of the study progress to internal and external stakeholders.
– Documentation of conducted laboratory experiments according to DuPont standards.
– As a part of the project teams, participate in planning, analysis, presentation, and publication of the project results.
You are qualified for the position if you have:
– PhD (or equivalent degree) or MSc (or equivalent degree) in immunology, microbiology, cell biology, or other relevant degree.
– Preferably a few years of expertise related to immunological research and cell culturing.
– Hands-on experience working with immune cells including methods such as flow cytometry and ELISA immunoassays. In addition, knowledge in the connected field of biology like microbiology and molecular biology is much-appreciated.
– Experience in conducting basic statistical testing.
– Track record of scientific publications and experience in scientific communication is considered valuable.
– Effective communication skills including good personal presentation, oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English is essential, and fluency in Finnish is an advantage, but not mandatory.
– Excellent project management, organizational, and team player skills.
– Ability to deliver results under time and resource pressures.
– Safe laboratory work mindset.
The position is temporary, starting as soon as possible and ending in September 2021.
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont’s Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
Yhteystiedot Kirsi Hannula, HR Manager, Puh: 0408230714, email@example.com
Maijastiina Koskimies, Puh: 0505370868, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ritva Kuosa, Puh: 040-7179005
Työpaikan osoite Sokeritehtaantie 20, 02460 KANTVIK
Työ alkaa as soon as possible
Työn kesto 6 – 12 kk
Haku päättyy 03.07.2020
Ilmoitus jätetty 12.06.2020