Research Technician, Biotechnology – VTT, Espoo30.10.2021
Are you interested in a job opportunity in the field of Biotechnology? Would you like to make impact on new work ways and do impactful research in the cutting edge of natural sciences with superb colleagues who are top expert in their field? Do you want to work in a versatile role at in a leading technology company? VTT might be just the place for you.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation.
We are now looking for a Research Technician to work with versatile research supporting tasks.
In this position, you will have an essential role in supporting research e.g. procurement of research chemical and supplies. Other tasks will include e.g. coordinating safety trainings, working as a chemical coordinator, and improving and maintaining quality systems together with your colleagues. You will collaborate with different stakeholders at VTT and with external partners.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a degree in relevant field, e.g. in biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical process engineering or environmental technologies.
- Experience from working in a similar role is beneficial. However, you can also be recently graduated. The most important thing is that you are open to different tasks and willing to learn new things.
- We expect you to have excellent skills in Finnish, which is the main working language. You should also have the ability to work in English.
As a person, we hope that you are:
- Interested in developing new ways of working and you have an open minded approach
- We hope you are systematic and accurate worker, who is proactive and takes independent responsibility of your tasks.
- You have the ability to learn new things continuously and you are cooperative person with the willingness to collaborate with experts and partners across different fields.
What we offer you:
- Natural sciences with an impact. Our research agenda is dedicated to solving systemic and technological challenges, such as reaching carbon neutrality and unleashing the power of synthetic biology. That means that at VTT, your expertise in natural sciences will go towards creating real impact. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
- Superb colleagues and community. With VTT, you’ll join a community of over 2000 multidisciplinary experts who foster a culture of trust, openness and sharing knowledge. We work truly across disciplines, and house all the cutting-edge sciences from quantum computing to synthetic biology under one roof. Collaborating with superb colleagues is a source of learning, inspiration, and fun.
- Support for your well-being. Our people are our main asset, so we take good care of them. We aim to nurture great team spirit and leadership and offer versatile well-being services to enable a good work–life balance. On top of 6 weeks of paid holidays we offer exercise and culture benefits, hobby clubs, and voluntary well-being services such as meditation programs and trainings on cognitive ergonomics.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest on the 7th of November 2021. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact on 27th October 12-13, 2nd November 12-13 or 4th November 12-13:
Manager, Operations Support, Anu Tamminen +358409011124, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Research Team Leader, Arja Paananen, +358407206975, email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply between 22nd of October 2021 and 7th of November 2021
Employment type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Tietotie 2, Espoo