Research Technician (Cancer Immunology)1.11.2021
The Melanoma Immune Oncology Research Group (MIORG) as part of the Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku is seeking an enthusiastic and competent Research Technician to collaborate in a project related to melanoma immunobiology and immunotherapy. The group leader is Dr Rogerio de Figueiredo. The project employs cutting-edge technologies and state-of-the-art approaches to immune profile metastatic melanoma bioresources from animal models and patient samples.
- To assist on scientific research related to metastatic melanoma immunotherapy, including cancer immunobiology, drug discovery using in vitro and in vivo assays
- Suitable degree/educational competence to laboratory work or bioscience (biomedical laboratory science, laboratory engineering, medical laboratory technologist and biomedical laboratory scientist etc.)
- Ability to prepare buffer solutions and media for cell culturing
- Competence in tissue culture methods
- Good skills with basic laboratory methods in cellular and molecular biology techniques(e.g. Western blot, immune precipitation, protein and enzymatic assays, immunoassays (flow cytometry cell staining, ELISA)
- Sufficient English language skills
The salary is based on the Finnish collective agreement (other personnel) and it is on average 2300-2500€/month. The salary will be defined based on the applicant’s education, competence and work experience.
Duration of the Contract
- The successful applicant is expected to start as soon as possible, but the starting date is negotiable.
- The position is fixed-term for max. 2 years according to the funding granted to the research project. There is a possibility for extension.
- The position is subject to a six-month trial period.
What to do next
Applications must be submitted on 19 November 2021 at the latest (23.59.59 Finnish time) via the University of Turku electronic application system. Apply for the job at www.utu.fi/careers (“Fill in the form”).
The application should include a motivation letter, CV, degree certificates and contact information for two referees.The top candidates will be interviewed.
For further information about the position, please contact the Group Leader, Adjunct Professor, Academy Research Fellow Rogerio de Figueiredo (email@example.com).
In case you need help with the application process, please turn to HR Specialist Kristiina Nuutila (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel. +358 503135224.