Scientist – GE Healthcare, Uppsala, Uppsala County, Sweden5.6.2019
We are looking for a Scientist experienced in large scale mammalian cell culture and protein purification, to join our creative and collaborative team, within the Sensor Technologies section, BioProcess R&D. Our mission is to develop reagents, consumables, processes and services to support effective and reproducible processes for getting a biologics drug to the market. You will be part of a team optimizing start-to-finish processes for the bioprocess industry.
- This role includes project and line activities that will support both tech intake, R-projects, new product introductions, market support and sales support
- Individually or as part of a team plan, perform, analyze, document and present laboratory investigations and technical evaluations and when needed act as activity leader or project manager
- Develop, invent and improve new products and processes for the bioprocess industry, specifically within the fields of process development, optimization, intensification and connected manufacturing processes
- Act as a mentor/local expert and support peers within the areas of bioprocess process development, optimization and analytics
- Present scientific and technical results internally and externally, oral and written communication in Swedish and English
- Identify, develop and maintain an external network
- Propose new technologies, approve technology and technical solutions within bioprocess workflow
Occasional work on weekends may occur.
For more information or questions regarding the position please contact Helena Vesterberg (Hiring Manager), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last day to apply is 10th of June.
- PhD in biology, medicine, engineering or related Life Science field (or equivalent knowledge/experience)
- Experience in mammalian cell culturing in different formats, including large scale bioreactor cultivation and different cell types (suspension, adherent, primary, stem cells)
- Good knowledge about protein separation using chromatography and filtration including Unicorn programming in Biopharmaceutical process development and/or manufacturing
- Experience in culture and process development for production and purification of biologics
- Experience in multiple analysis formats, specifically methods related to biologics production and sensor technologies within the bioprocess field
- Experience in multivariate analysis and software tools such as Matlab and SIMCA
- In order to succeed in this position, you need to be result-oriented, flexible and creative with a strong collaborative attitude, focusing on the customer needs
- We are looking for someone with the drive and capability to initiate, plan, perform, analyze, document and present results to progress our projects forward
- The ideal candidate is looking to share expertise and experience, supervising and mentoring junior colleagues, utilize his/her network, as well as integrate new learning and develop new skills
- You should be able to represent the section in scientific/technical discussions, be one of our experts within a within defined expertise area (Spectroscopic methods, data modelling and sensor application), compile and deliver external scientific presentations
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GEâs mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and
services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and
more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that
matter – great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From
medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics
to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and
performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical
professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, and according with all local laws protecting different
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of
our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a
member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening
at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.