Scientist in Microbiology – Evotec, Verona Area, Italy5.6.2019
Aptuit, an Evotec COMPANY, is a worldwide Contract Research Organization, collaborating with all the major Pharma and Biotech companies in support of various drug discovery and development projects. To efficiently support on going activities and needs, we are looking for a
IV Microbiology, Scientist
To efficiently support ongoing activities and needs, we are looking to a highly motivated person to join the Antibacterial Discovery Department, within the Evotec Infectious Disease Group. The ideal candidate should have a proactive and open attitude to work in a dynamic group.
- Group Leader
- Translational Microbiology
- Be integral part of the Translational Microbiology group
- Capable for managing all the aspects characterizing and iv studies, study design, protocol generation and discussion, data analysis, report preparation and final discussion with the Client.
- Available for supporting in a matrix environment the structures in DD&D involved in the translational studies.
- Sufficient knowledge of applied microbiology required for manipulating bacterial pathogens.
- Willing to learn techniques specific for the antibacterial discovery and to support in required activities in case of specific need and workload.
- Manage in autonomy all the aspects linked to orders of lab material required for performing experimental activities Be the reference person for training in the area of expertise.
- Contribute to the finalisation of proposal (RFP) and support the request for information (RFI) process
- Maintains documentation and electronic data archives
- Preparing technical reports, scientific publications, and technical presentations for internal meetings
- Generate reports as necessary Interact with the Client as the technical expert.
Required skills or attitudes
- Bachelor Degree in Biology or Biotechnology or equivalent required. PhD. preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of IV pharmacology, in the antibacterial discovery field preferred
- On hands experience in other therapeutic area e.g. respiratory, virology
- Flexible, energetic and a team player, able to navigate in a complex and very dynamic environment
- Lead gracefully under pressure.
- Active responder to challenges and to project dynamic changes
- Ability to multitask
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Ability to learn from others and at the same time open to communicate, share and discuss.
- Good presentation and communication skills in English
If you are interested please send your CV to Rossana.firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th of JUNE 2019 reporting the following subject: MICROBIOLOGY 2019