Senior Scientist (Global Health & Nutrition) – International Flavors & Fragrances27.3.2022
About the job
It’s an exciting time to be part of the IFF family. We are a global leader in taste, scent and nutrition, offering our customers a broader range of natural solutions and accelerating our growth strategy. IFF is growing and We are looking for a SENIOR SCIENTIST (Global Health & Nutrition) to join our Global Health & Nutrition Science team based in Kantvik, Southern Finland.
Our team runs a global and diverse program of clinical and pre-clinical studies, targeting to document health benefits of probiotics and other bioactive food ingredients in our portfolio. We can offer you a position in a dynamic international research organization that is a world-wide leader in applied clinical research in the area of probiotics and nutrition.
Are you an action-oriented team player with a scientific background and experience in managing clinical trials? Our R&D team is looking for a research professional to Senior Scientist position to support execution of nutritional clinical trials globally.
As a The Senior Scientist is you will be responsible for providing leadership and scientific expertise for assigned clinical trials to meet regulatory requirements, product registrations, and market access. This position collaborates with cross-functional teams to manage the implementation of clinical and pre-clinical strategies, manage all study aspects, analysis and interpretation of results, and communication of data to the scientific and medical communities.
Your Primary Duties Will Be
- Defining and developing clinical and pre-clinical deliverables for assigned studies
- Assessing and recommending CROs and preferred vendors for implementation of related studies
- Managing all study aspects: budget and metrics, operations, study document development and review (study specific plans, eCRF guidelines, lab manuals, study submission to IRB/ECs in coordination with CRO, interim and final study reports, etc.)
- Leading statistical activities including statistical analysis plan, analysis and interpretation of results
- Ensuring that clinical study related activities are carried out in accordance with the appropriate Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines
- Providing content development and editorial assistance for scientific publications, professional meetings, and/or post-marketing study activities, including abstracts, manuscripts, presentations and training
- Establish and maintain effective communication and collaboration with functional area peers, including research, laboratory teams, regulatory, quality assurance, and commercial
You are qualified for the position if you have:
- PhD (or equivalent degree) in life sciences with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in research, preferably in the field of nutrition, gut microbiota, probiotics, and/or functional foods
- Experience in clinical / pre-clinical research and development of probiotics, prebiotics and/or other bioactive compounds for human health applications
- Experience in one or more of the following health areas is considered an advantage: digestive health, early life nutrition
- Strong knowledge of statistics and competency working with data
- Excellent project management, organizational, and team player skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for presentation of scientific concepts and results to internal and external customers and stakeholder
- Fluency in English is essential; Other language skills are seen as a benefit (fluency in Finnish is an advantage)
- Track record of scientific publications and experience in scientific communication
- Ability to deliver results under time and resource pressure
The position is permanent, starting as soon as possible.
For more information on the task, please contact The Director of Clinical Development, Eran Ivanir at Eran.Ivanir@iff.com. Please submit your application with your CV via the IFF recruitment website (https://www.iff.com/careers).
IFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability. Visit IFF.com/careers/workplace-diversity-and-inclusion to learn more