Senior Technical Sales Specialist, Protein Biology in Remote / Field, Finland17.7.2022
Location: The candidate can be based in any Nordic country. This role requires travelling, up to 75%.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) to grow our Protein Biology business across Nordic Countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland). As Senior TSS, you will be responsible for maximizing sales of our full Western Workflow (Instruments & Consumables), Secondary Antibodies and Products for Protein Mass Spectrometry, whilst promoting Thermo Fisher Scientific as the technology leader in Protein Biology Solutions.
You will focus your time on building strategic relationships, identifying new sales opportunities and nurturing them to completion. Key duties will include developing strategic business plans, sales and pricing strategy, mid and long-term objectives, territory planning, and customer satisfaction goals. You will conduct sales visits and organise scientific seminars, whilst continuously monitoring sales performance & providing accurate forecasting.
The sales territory for this role covers Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. When safe to do so, regular travel to visit customers across your territory will be required (3 days per week on average), including overnight stays. When not travelling, you will be able to work from home. Due to the ongoing pandemic, there will be very limited travel when you first start in role and you will be working from home full time. We are happy to consider qualified candidates based anywhere in northern England or Scotland.
Our Biosciences organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position, in an international environment. Join us and develop your career with a global organization which prioritizes career development, allowing you to achieve your best – both personally and professionally.
What will you do?
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Promote full portfolio of Protein Biology products and services within assigned territory
- Sell directly to selected accounts under supervision of the TSS Senior Manager
- Develop and execute strategic account plans with third party local sales representative, employing multi-level selling to sell top-down and bottom-up, and drive penetration of the assigned product portfolio
- Maintain contact with existing customers to promote new products, close deals, and grow sales, as well as develop new prospects
- Support service to customers by developing a strong working relationship with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production to ensure that a teamwork environment is established and optimal technical and customer service support is guaranteed
Who we are looking for:
- Degree in a Life Science, ideally Biochemistry, Genetics, Protein or Cellular Biology
- In-depth understanding of commonly-used protein biology techniques (either as a user, or a salesperson) (essential)
- Prior sales experience within the Life Sciences (essential)
- A sales hunter with an aptitude for business development and capable of influencing at all levels of seniority
- Commercial awareness and the ability to work in line with the goals of a commercial organisation
- Self-motivated and well organized, with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of using a CRM system such as Salesforce.com an advantage
- Fluent in English (verbal & written)
- Willing and able to travel extensively on a weekly basis across the region (3 to 4 days per week), including overnight stays
- Valid Driving Licence
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus sales bonus
- Company car
- Full benefits package
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.