Sr Manager, Market Dev, Precision Medicine and Reproductive Health – Thermo Fisher Scientific, Helsinki30.10.2021
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $35 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Senior Manger, Market Development, Precision Medicine and Reproductive Health
The role will work closely with Company’s commercial channels to identify new strategic relationships to expand utilization of Company’s microarray platform across genotyping and reproductive health for industries such as blood banking, Predictive Genomics and Pharmacogenomics. A critical aspect is to explore the role of GSD based molecular testing in the world of precision medicine, the barriers to adopting multiplex testing, the challenges of analyzing large sets of different omics data, and what infrastructure must be in place to accelerate clinical validation.
- Be at the forefront of the business and ensures positive relationships with Key Opinion Leaders within each of the target sub-segments to bring the voice of customer into the business unit. showing the customers the value of our technology.
- Lead strategic partnerships.
- Build strong understanding of customers participating in human genotyping and Predictive Genotyping through a broad range of information sources, including direct customer exchanges, networking, publications, market information, and industry events.
- Develop strong and strategic relationships within Thermo Fisher Scientific across functional teams including R&D, legal, finance, regulatory, application specialists, commercial, LCS and global market development; maintain a balance of communication across various stakeholder groups.
- Track opportunities in precision medicine; with a progress report on key accounts in regularly scheduled review sessions.
- Strong analytical skills capability and credibility to make tough decisions related to budget and pricing by working closely with commercial, product marketing and finance teams.
- Identify global and regional market trends, competitive situation, reimbursement policy and diagnostic guidelines and regulatory landscape and growth opportunities and near- and long-term priorities.
- Policy and guideline influence – have a key connection into major guideline agencies to ensure visibility and future trend of policies and guidelines that are key to business success.
- Sales and regional connection – develop a positive relationship with key sales leaders within the various regions.
- To truly lead and influence market future trends. Gain credibility within key accounts to help drive account health and growth.
- Support the Regulatory roadmap for the divisions together with the commercial team. Assures that we maintain and support company Quality Policy and Regulatory adherence;
- Develop and deliver effective applications training programs emphasizing product differentiation, competitive selling strategies and tactics; provide ongoing sales support to influence customer decisions. Work with Business Development, Product Management, Regional Market Development, Applications, Training and other teams to develop content including web content and application note and customer success stories and deliver training.
- Ideally a minimum of 4 years of proven experience, including collaboration management, product development, product management and negotiation.
- Knowledge and experience in Micro Array Technology is highly desired.
- Proven project management experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of Precision Medicine and RH market and industry trends to develop and deploy effective global marketing programs.
- Strong ability to identify broad unmet market needs, trends in application of genomics to health screening, identify value propositions and select prospective accounts for development, providing incremental value to commercial sales processes.
- Understands customer expectations and is able to lead discussions about “where to play” and “how to win” by coordinating needs assessment activities for predictive genomics opportunities, customer presentations, strategy and completing tactics, by clearly articulating customized value propositions passionate about addressing the customers internal challenges or areas of focus.
- Demonstrated success working in a complex matrix environment including motivating and leading highly productive teams through direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Experience developing and conducting product training for a wide variety of audiences, including sales teams, regional marketing and customers.
- Broad understanding of various marketing methods and techniques and when to select each
- Shown success in building collaborative partnerships with commercial teams (Sales, Field Applications, Technical Support) and internal teams (Product Management, Regulatory & Quality, R&D and Manufacturing).
- Strong written communication skills, particularly in communicating scientific information effectively to various customer segments including scientific buyers, influencers and users
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- Customer-focused with the experience to understand customer decisions
- Ability to understand the data and derive action plans from that data.
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology or related subject area plus experience of driving new business and revenue growth with a global biotechnology company.
- 40% travel required; travel includes international travel as required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.