Summer Trainee, Cell Laboratory Trainee – UPM The Biofore Company4.12.2021
About the job
During the summer you will gain valuable experience from your own field of study. We offer versatile and responsible tasks in an international company that builds for a more sustainable tomorrow? We are inspired by the limitless opportunities offered by the bioeconomy, and we lead the way towards a future beyond fossils. Join us on this exciting path!
We are now looking for Summer Trainee to UPM Biomedicals’ cell culture laboratory, at Biomedicum in Helsinki.
Greetings from future team
“You will have the opportunity to implement familiar things from your studies in practice and you will learn more about 3D cell culture modelling. Working in our team is fun, diverse, and rewarding. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our team!” – Product Development team
What You’ll Do
- Participate in and provide help for customers technical support
- Work with and get to know more about GrowDex product family
- Working with cell models in 3D culture condition
- Carry out assays and report the results to Product Development team
- Maintenance of cell laboratory operations
Who You Are
We are looking student who have already advanced a bit in their studies. We appreciate a positive and energetic attitude, as well as taking initiative and responsibility. You will need excellent English skills. Other language skills are considered as an asset. Other attributes are:
- BSc/MSc student in Cell Biology, Biotechnology, or a related discipline
- Cell Biology experience is essential
- Experience of aseptic working in cell culture laboratory, including hands on experience of cell culturing, and basic analysis methods such as live/dead staining of cells, robust luminescence, and fluorescence assays
What We Offer To You
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company’s values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives. You will become a part of our motivated and supporting work community.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your summer traineeship. We offer you a chance to develop in an innovative work environment. Many of our summer trainees continue with UPM as Thesis Workers or return to us later in their career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Are you ready?
Read more about summer recruitment process, applying, timeline, all available positions and more information on www.upm.com/summer or www.upm.com/kesa in Finnish. Application period ends 14 February 2022. Notice that new positions can still be opened during application period.
We will start processing the applications already during the application period. Please add your resume and CV at the same stage of application.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Responsible Summer Job -campaign.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
Follow UPM on Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | #UPM #biofore #beyondfossils