Technical Support Specialist9.2.2022
As Technical Support Specialist, you will have a key role in supporting our Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer and global field based specialist team. You will work with technically advanced instruments in an innovative and international working environment by providing service, training, technical expertise and troubleshooting support. You will also help resolve customer critical issues and provide customer feedback to our product development team.
This is an ideal role for either an experienced Engineer or Technical Specialist who has previously worked with Liquid Chromatography or Mass Spectrometry instruments and applications, OR a Scientist with expertise in LC-MS. If you are in the latter category, we will provide full engineering training.
While the team is primarily based at our Vantaa, Finland site, we are happy to consider to hire this role as remote (working from home), based in Europe in close proximity to a major international airport. Fairly regular international travel (up to 20% per month) may be required when safe to do so.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific we work hard to support our colleagues’ career ambitions, offering great training and development opportunities throughout your career and a chance to work in an international environment. Apply now and achieve your best – both personally and professionally.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a CV and cover letter, in English.
What will you do?
- Perform installation, repairs, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzers and Assays globally
- Active development and delivery of live and remote technical training programs
- Accurately document, analyze and report service activities
- Timely handling of customer feedback cases and complaint assessment
- Continuous improvement of product support documentation and contribution to product change processes
- Close collaboration with the global customer care and local research and development organizations
Who we are looking for:
- A Degree in Engineering OR in Life Sciences (PhD level preferred)
- Hands-on experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC-MS) instrumentation, software, and applications (critical)
- Professional experience in servicing analytical or general laboratory instruments (gained either as an Engineer or when working as a Scientist in a lab)
- Experience with development of digital training programs, including AR and VR solutions and tools
- Ability and mentality to effectively prioritize and resolve technical and analytical problems
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; proficiency in other main European languages seen as advantage
- Driving license preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Annual Incentive Plan performance bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Onsite nurse and gym
- Subsidized lunch
- Excellent career progression as part of a global organization
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.