Post-doctoral position available in soil/fungal metagenomics in Tartu University
• dates: 01.02.2014-31.01.2016 (dates flexible at +/- 1 month and even further), possible extension until 31.08.2016
• Project: Functional differences in soil microbial/fungal communities in relation to climate and productivity at the local to global scales based on metagenomes. Specific focus will be on arctic and boreal ecosystems, tree diversity and climate change
• Affiliation: Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences, University of Tartu, Estonia; the project will be run in collaboration with the University of Oslo and University Centre in Svalbard
• For external students, possibility for additional funding from other postdoctoral grants
• Academic advisors: Dr. Leho Tedersoo, Prof. Håvard Kauserud and others
• Requested education, PhD degree (applicants that are scheduled to be defending by 31 March 2014 can be also considered). Acquisition of a PhD degree should be no more than 10 years ago.
• Requested skills: molecular microbial ecology, metagenomics, genomics or transcriptomics techniques, basic bioinformatics skills, ability of scientific writing
• Possibility of involving MS and PhD students (encouraged)
• Access to services of a laboratory assistant (for 0.25-time position) and computing centres at the Universities of Tartu and Oslo
• Salary: 2500 EUR/mo (1500-1600 EUR/mo net). [Note that living costs in Tartu include 230-350 EUR/mo for a 40 m2 apartment, 100-150 EUR/mo for food. The university campus in Ravila 14a is located within walking/biking distance (25/10 min) from city centre]
Questions regarding the project and conditions should be addressed to Leho Tedersoo. The application including 1) CV, 2) list of publications (incl. role and contribution to these), 3) contacts of former supervisor/employer, and 4) anticipated starting date should be addressed to Leho Tedersoo by 31.12.2013. The decision time is 1 week.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +372 56654986