A Research Associate position to work in TheGBLab within the Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London11.10.2016
Applications are invited for a Research Associate position to work in TheGBLab within the Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London (https://neurogeneticslab.wordpress.com/). The Institute of Neurology has a world class reputation for neuroscience. The mission is to translate neuroscience discovery research into treatments for patients with neurological diseases.
£34,056 – £34,984 per annum
Funded for 2 years with the possibility of renewal
Closing date: 8 November 2016
The post holder will use the latest genomic technologies to fully understand how genetic variability at the APOE locus contributes to Alzheimer’s disease.
This position will involve full responsibility in:
– sample collection,
– assurance that informed consent from participants and ethical approval are obtained,
– genetic assays design,
– development of sequencing and other genetic analyses, and
– write up of the results obtained.
The post holder will ensure that the study will be developed, completed and delivered in line with the agreed targets, following research best practices.
Highly motivated applicants must have a PhD in a relevant subject area, and experience in human genetics.
– experience in next generation sequencing protocols and data analyses,
– strong problem solving abilities,
– understanding of research methodologies,
– commitment to meeting scientific objectives within agreed timelines,
– experience in molecular biology and proficiency in statistics and coding (R, Python) are also desirable.
Informal enquiries may be made to Dr R Guerreiro (email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
To apply for this position use the ‘Apply Now’ button on the bottom of the page: