Accessioning and Life Sciense Specialist – Blueprint Genetics, Espoo24.1.2021
Are you enthusiastic about life sciences? Do you take pride in having superior attention to detail?
Blueprint Genetics is one of the fastest growing clinical genetic testing companies for rare inherited diseases globally and now we need you to join their team. Production Services Team is now looking for dedicated and motivated full-time Accessioning Specialists to work at our sample reception in our Keilaniemi office in Espoo. Read more from below!
About the role
As an accessioning specialist you confirm that samples arriving to our laboratory comply with our sample requirements and review the enclosed paperwork. You use your knowledge of our products and your background in life sciences to make sure the test choices are optimal for the customerâ€™s needs. Your work is very detail-oriented and guided by precise guidelines. Problem-solving skills are needed to apply those guidelines in practice for the diverse patient cases that are received by our laboratory. You will work closely with our customer support and clinical genetics support personnel.
What we offer
You will be part of a global and international team of innovative, dynamic and motivated people. You will be working at the forefront of health and life sciences, in a company committed to improving the lives of patients and families with rare disease. We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment, where you can learn and grow together with the company.
We hope that you are highly motivated to work in specimen accessioning and eager to learn more about our production processes. You take pride in having superior attention to detail and you are comfortable with following routines and processes. As part of the Production Services Team, you will work in shifts, including weekends. We value flexibility and the ability to work under pressure, as at times the work can be hectic due to a high level of incoming samples. Last but not least, we aspire to find a person who fits the inclusive, low-hierarchy and positive culture of Blueprint Genetics!
- Reviewing orders, sample reception and accessioning
- Recording sample information in the Laboratory Information System
- Performing quality control for clinical samples and clinical records
- Examining requisitions to ascertain acceptability against established criteria
- Investigating incomplete or unacceptable submissions
- Organizing samples and paperwork per established protocol
We are looking for
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent from a relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer and data entry skills
- Enthusiasm to learn more about our products and production processes, and a passion to develop them further
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Life Sciences is an asset
- Any specialization and/or prior experience in medical genetics and laboratory accessioning is an asset
- Start: February
- Working hours: Full-time
- Employment period: Recruitment
- Location: Espoo
We are continuously screening and contacting candidates so make sure to send your application as soon as possible.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Blueprint Genetics that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work
Read more about Blueprint Genetics.