Accessioning Specialist (Tilausten käsittelijä, Diagnostiikka) – Blueprint Genetics19.6.2022
Are you systematic, organized and take pride in being meticulous even under time pressure? Are you interested in working in the core of production at the forefront of life sciences and healthcare? If you answered ”yes!”, keep reading!
Blueprint Genetics is a leading clinical genetic testing company aspiring to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We want to improve the lives of individuals and families impacted by inherited diseases. To meet the demands of our rapid growth, our Production Services Team is now looking for an Accessioning Specialist to work at our sample reception in our Keilaniemi office in Espoo, Finland.
As an accessioning specialist your primary task will be to review orders, perform sample reception and specimen accessioning and record sample information into our system. You confirm that samples arriving at our laboratory comply with our sample requirements and review the enclosed paperwork. You use your knowledge of our products and your background in life sciences to make sure the test choices are optimal for the customer’s needs. You take pride in being meticulous as your work as an accessioning specialist is very detail-oriented and guided by precise guidelines. Problem-solving skills are needed to apply those guidelines in practice for the diverse patient cases that are received by our laboratory. On a daily basis, you will have a chance to work closely with other awesome experts at Blueprint Genetics from customer support to clinical genetics.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Reviewing orders, sample reception, and accessioning
- Recording sample information in the Laboratory Information System
- Performing quality control for clinical samples and clinical records
- Examining requisitions to ascertain acceptability against established criteria
- Investigating incomplete or unacceptable submissions
- Organizing samples and paperwork per established protocol
Our ideal candidate
We hope that you are highly motivated to work in specimen accessioning and eager to learn more about our production processes. You take pride in having superior attention to detail and you are comfortable with following routines and processes. In order to ensure an uninterrupted production chain, our team works in shifts, including evenings and occasionally also on weekends. We value flexibility and the ability to work under pressure, as at times the work can get hectic due to a high level of incoming samples. Last but not least, we aspire to find a person who fits the inclusive, low-hierarchy, and positive culture of Blueprint Genetics!
Our ideal team member has:
- A Vocational or Bachelor’s degree preferably in life sciences or relevant field
- Any specialization and/or prior experience in medical genetics and laboratory accessioning is an asset
- Good proficiency in written and verbal communication skills in English. Finnish skills are seen as an advantage
- Superior attention to detail, and a systematic approach to work
- Good computer and data entry skills
- Enthusiasm to learn more about our products and production processes, and a passion to develop them further
- The ability to work in shifts (including evenings and occasional weekends)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work for a company that makes a real difference – Blueprint Genetics has a clear and motivating purpose to improve the lives of patients and families affected by inherited diseases
- A positive, open, and international work environment with great people from different fields of expertise. We are a team of close to 300 experienced professionals, who collaborate to drive genetic knowledge forward
- As an accessioning specialist you’ll become part of our crew of 20 dedicated, supportive and diverse professionals. You’ll be at the frontline of our operations and playing a key role in ensuring our production process runs smoothly and targets are met
- Employee benefits such as participation to performance-based bonus payment system, extensive occupational healthcare with Heltti, sports, culture & wellbeing benefit, team events & office parties (once the covid-situation allows)
How to apply:
Please submit your application and CV latest on June 30th, 2022. Interviews will start during the application period. We hope you join our team as soon as possible. The position is permanent and full-time.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to our Production Services Manager Päivi Ormio by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile +358 50 3676 030 on Tuesday June 14th between 3 and 4 pm and Friday June 17th between 9 and 11 am.