Bioinformatics specialist (MSc) – Genevia Technologies, Tampere24.2.2019
We are looking for a bioinformatics specialist to join the Genevia Technologies team for an EU funded project.
The successful applicant will be working as a part of our bioinformatics production team in various NGS data analysis tasks. As a small company we are able to offer you a great deal of flexibility and influence on your work. We strive to foster development of your skills and your professional growth to the direction that you choose!
Your responsibilities include:
- Integrating new analysis tools into our existing data analysis workflows
- Analyzing a wide variety of omics data
- Documenting the used analysis workflows
- Visualizing and reporting the results to our senior staff
What we offer:
- Learning commercially relevant genomics and bioinformatics technologies
- Gaining broad domain knowledge in biotechnology and life sciences generally
- Experience in commercial research and product development processes
- Working in a close collaboration with senior bioinformatics professionals
- Career advancement options to senior bioinformatics positions
- Flexible working hours
- Office in city center (Tampere, Finland)
- Competitive salary according to the EU funding scheme for early stage researchers (ESR), more information here
- Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computer science or related field
- Programming experience with bash, R, and Python
- Experience in preparing scientific publications
- N.B. This project is funded by the EU and the funding instrument does not allow applicants with a PhD degree, or recent employment history in Finland (max 4 months in Finland within last 2 years)
If you feel like you might be just the person we are looking for, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th of March with title: Work application: Bioinformatician.